Looking to put together new mattress for my wife and I

Hello!

My wife and I made the mistake about 7 years ago of going with a king size Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Breeze mattress. Since then I’ve managed to get a slipped disc in my lower back and am now absolutely miserable every night, waking up frequently due to back pain and always tired the next morning. I’ve been doing some research on TMU and am looking to make a change. My wife is 5’4, 240lbs a back and side sleeper. I’m 5’9, 335lbs and a side/stomach sleeper. We both like the feeling of a softer mattresss, but we definitely need more core firmness/support than what we have, We’re interested in going the DIY route and have been looking at dunlop core and mid layers and a talay topper, but am VERY open to recommendations.

Thanks!

Hey!

Im 5ft 11in, 225 pounds and a back sleeper. I have an old worn out Tempurpedic Deluxe. I have back pain too.

Was reading recommendations at posturre.com. They are physical therapists that recommend a firmer mattress for back pain. Air Weave, Sleep Number C2, BeautyRest Black L class Extra Firm. I tried a few of these. Very firm and ok comfort. They dont like memory foam for back pain.

My experiences with mattress testing

I like Tempurpedic Luxe Adapt Firm. Feels amazing. Id still try Tempurpeduc mattresses. Id try Aireloom Preferred Luxetop M1 and M2 in firm and plush. Try the Streamline Luxury Firn also….perfection!!! The Airelooms feel amazing.

I think with Sleep Number type beds….Air Pedic is superior because it has 6 bladder zones instead of 2. It has head/foot and lumbar/back. Imagine adjusting lower back firmness with a press of a button!!! Sleep Number beds tend to hammock.

I think your firmness control will be critical. If you can nail down firmness….go Tempur or Airloom. If you cant, go Air Pedic. Latex? Try Vzone Flobeds. Havent tried it myself. Each side is totally adjustable. Top latex layer is zonec.

John

Hello TheGr8_8

Thank you so much for your inquiries! Our Natural and Organic layered latex mattresses offers the ability to customize each side of the mattress for individual comfort. They also allow you to rearrange or replace the layers in the comfort of your own home to achieve a different firmness, based on your individual needs.
Based on the information you have kindly provided, I recommend the organic 13" mattress model. This model consists of four 3" layers of latex, encased in an organic cotton and wool zipper cover. The top comfort layer is 3" of 100% Natural Talalay and the bottom three 3" layers are GOLS certified Dunlop latex. Talalay is a bit softer and more contouring compared to Dunlop latex and therefore is ideal to have on top for pressure relief. Dunlop latex is a heavier, denser and therefore firmer and is ideal for support below.
We recommend the 13" model for folks that weigh over 280lbs to ensure that there be enough latex to achieve both contour and support all in one mattress. I suggest a configuration of firm (Talalay) over firm (Dunlop) over extra firm (Dunlop) over extra firm (Dunlop) for your side (F/F/XF/XF). The firm Talalay on top will provide the contour and pressure relief you will need at 335lbs, while the firm and extra firm Dunlop layers below offers gradual support. For your wife I recommend a configuration of medium (Talalay) over medium (Dunlop) over firm (Dunlop) over extra firm (Dunlop) (M/M/F/XF). At 240lbs, the medium Talalay will provide her with similar contour and pressure relief as a firm Talalay will for you. The medium/firm/xfirm Dunlop layers below will provide her with gradual support.
This model includes a 90-day comfort exchange guarantee. This allows you to exchange comfort layers, one at a time (or two split layers at once), as many times as needed for 90 days, and you simply pay shipping. Your first exchange would be a flat $30 charge, and any exchange thereafter would be cost of shipping both ways (average cost is $30 to $60 each way depending on location).
Here is a link to our Organic mattress page: https://sleepez.com/products/organic-latex-mattress. Once on this page you will find a configurator tool that offers guidance in choosing a layer configuration based on your height, weight and preferred sleep positions. Simply tap the green tab labeled “Build Your Mattress Now” to get started.

Should you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out anytime! If you prefer to call our office, we are available 7 days a week by phone.

Thanks again, and good luck!

SleepEZ
800-710-9846