Lots of great options - need some advice on final mattress selection

Hi -

Thank you for putting together this resource. I thought picking out a white paint color was overwhelming, until I started shopping for a new mattress.

I’m a 30 year old male, I sleep with my pup a mid-sized Aussie. Currently have a pillow top interspring mattress. 75% of the time I sleep on my side, the rest on my back. I live in a tropical climate and in the summer sleep warm. I think I’m between a 4-6 on the amount of firmness I’d like. (I love hotel beds)

Two areas I would appreciate guidance and advice please:

1. Latex or Latex Hybrid.
Thanks to the guides on the site I understand the differences, I’m leaning towards a Latex Hybrid any thins I should be cautious about? I’ve read some places that latex has to be flipped regularly and although the DIY sound interesting - sounds a bit intimidating. (change my mind!)

2. Here are the mattresses I’m considering:

1. Arizona Queen Ultimate Hybrid Pocket Coil (DIY)

2. Latex Spring Mattress with Wrapped Coils - SerenitySpring | Savvy Rest
    I could not find too much about Savvy Rest. Any thoughts?

3. The Owl Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress - Nest Bedding
    I would get the plush level.

4. EcoCloud Hybrid Mattress | Featuring 100% Natural Talalay Latex – WinkBeds

5. Birch Luxe Natural Mattress

6. Naturally Nestled Organic Mattress

All Latex

1. CozyPure® Luxury Hotel Collection -Organic Mattress

2. Zenhaven Natural Latex Mattress

I’m open to any thoughts or advice, price isn’t a major factor.

I’d like to support a smaller brand (seeing as the major brands seem to be part of all the confusion and deception) but want to be sure the company I purchase from will be around to support if there are any issues.

Thank you!
Sam

I would love to answer your questions but I need to know how much you weigh first?

I weigh 145lb. Thanks!

Thanks, actually our Eco Sleep model with the Bolsa coil upgrade would serve you better than the Ultimate Hybrid. The Bolsa coil is non zoned which works better for side sleepers. I suggest choosing either the 3" #19 Talalay which gives you a 4-5 feel or the #28 which is a 6-7 feel. I’m a 175 lbs side sleeper and I like the #19 for this model.

1 Like

HI Sam,

When it comes to smaller brand, we are a family owned and operated company over here at FloBeds. We have been in business for over 30 years, and as my father Dave starts to think about retirement, I plan to run and grow the business another 30 years, we will be here to support our existing customers :slight_smile:
While DIY sounded interesting to you, but a bit intimidating, our sleep system is like having a guide for your DIY project. We’ve been selling 100% Natural Talalay latex sleep systems long enough to be able to recommend a firmness level based on who you are, (height, weight, sleeping position) and, the ability to adjust the mattress once you get it. We truly believe that everyone is built differently, your mattress should be too! If once you get our bed, its too soft or too firm, we work with you in fine tuning and getting the mattress just right. If not, you can return it with our 100 night trial period, and of course we dont want that, so we work very hard at helping our customers in the trial period.
After we get your bed “just right”, you should get 15 to 20 years out of it. Now, the chances that your needs dont change in the next 15-20 years, is rather slim. We gain weight, lose weight, injuries occur, women get pregnate, sleeping partners change, we have heard it all! If at any point in the life of your mattress you need to change the firmness level of your bed, you can do so at a HUGE discount, have a look at our Goldilocks Guarantee
We currently have a huge 25% off sale going as well! If you would like a mattress consultation feel free to give us a call!

Sincerely,

Dewey Turner
"Remember, your dreams may vary. . . "