Made with All Natural Latex Does Not Mean It's All Natural

Buyer Beware When Purchasing Latex

Over and over again I see what to me are very misleading descriptions, although truthful, so let me take a minute to clarify some terminology I see tossed around on the internet. The term “Made With 100% Natural Talalay” does not mean that it is completely all-natural Talalay made by Talalay Global or Radium Foam. I see this term being used in conjunction with Blended Talalay which of course is a mix of both all-natural rubber and synthetic rubber.

3inchnaturaltalalaytopper_0b4683a3c5efba7b958d21397d32de41

To the unaware consumer that term can easily be translated to make you think you are getting nothing but pure and natural rubber but in fact, you a getting only a small percentage of all-natural rubber and the balance is synthetic rubber. Blended latex is in fact “Made with All Natural rubber” but only partly.

All Natural Talalay is NOT poured into a specific ILD or firmness rating like #19 or #28. It is poured to be within spec of a range like Talalay Global’s N-2 or N-3 which ranges from #20-24 on the N-2 and #25-29 on the N-3. So if you see the terminology “Made with 100% All Natural Talalay” and advertised in a specific ILD you need to ask the question to the seller “Is this a blend or truly all-natural Talalay”?

The other misleading info that’s been passed around for years but has nothing to do with latex is the term “Developed for NASA” used in advertising memory foam. The truth is memory foam was developed for NASA but never used by NASA due to the off-gassing common to memory foam. The space shuttle could not handle that aspect and the memory foam was abandoned as an anti-gravity solution but that does not stop them from saying “Developed for NASA” which again is truthful yet very misleading.
Friday, 12 January 2018

1 Like