Magniflex Magnistretch VS Spindle Mattress

I went to a nice mattress store and loved the Magniflex Magnistretch mattress. It cost about 4K. Spindle mattresses are made nearby, so I went to their headquarters/showroom and tried one. I liked it, but not as much as the Magniflex. Its cheaper, 1700 dollars. Bot are latex mattresses with wool/cotton covers. The Magniflex has cuts or valleys in the latex, and the Spindle has holes. Is there really a difference here? Or am I fooling myself? 4K seems like such a high price for 3 layers of latex. Is one Latex mattress really that much better than the other??!

Hi mab23,

We are not familiar wit the Magniflex so had to look it up. Researching the specs show the following:
Cover in Natural Viscose & Outlast
1" Memoform (memory foam)
½" Super Soft Fiber
2" Eliosoft with patented Stretch technology
3 ½" Eliosoft with patented Stretch technology
3 ½" Elioform (firm support foam)

As you can see, the above build does not include any latex, wool or organic cotton so it’s entirely different than the Spindle mattress you are comparing it to. We offer something similar to Spindle (our DIY Layered Latex https://www.cozypure.com/latex-mattresses/byob-bed-in-a-box/10-byob-mattress-made-with-100-natural-latex ), so we can validate it’s very good quality materials using 100% natural latex with an organic cotton and wool cover.

We do not offer memory foams or synthetic materials, which according to our research is what the Magnistretch is made from, so we can’t really provide feedback for that mattress. Can you provide a link with details that show other components we are not aware of… since you say it’s made from latex…?? Or perhaps another expert member who is more familiar with the magnistretch components can chime in and offer some advice…

Hello, Thanks for the reply. I ended up going back to the store and discovered that my latex magniflex magnistretch contains no latex!! I made a big mistake. As you state above, its a foam mattress. I had been very much against a foam mattress, but I just love this particular mattress so much. I did read that not all foams are equivalent, and that cheaper foams off gas and break down differently than do more expensive foams. But I have no idea. I’m not sure what to do now. 4K seems ridiculous for a foam mattress, but again, I really do love this particular mattress.

Hello mab23! Thank you for expressing interest in Magnistretch by Magniflex. We are glad to hear you liked it! I will try to answer all the questions you may have, starting with a little intro about the company. Magniflex is the leading global Italian company with over 55 years of experience to make the best bedding possible in the most natural, innovative, and environmentally friendly way possible.

Now, about the Magnistretch, it is of a higher price due to its patented technology, high quality materials and proven results to help with neck and back pain. Magnistretch mattress is also endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association and the technology was developed by Mechanical Engineering Department in Zaragoza University, Spain. Its inclined support zones move into opposite directions, gently stretching the spine. The inner layers are not made of latex but support and highest quality, breathable memory foam. The cover is made of breathable Outlast cover, developed by NASA. All of our products are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which assures that no harmful substances are used in the production process and foams are breathable and water-based.

As you can tell it is different from Spindle mattress and therefore the price is higher because essentially it is a medical device. Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to reach out via phone at 786-233-8805 or by email @infosocial@magniflex.us.

Thank you!

Zane

Hi Jim-Magniflex,

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for creating an account on TMU and for providing our consumer members with an intro about Magniflex, its products, and the research behind them. Much appreciated! We greatly encourage consumer-manufacturer/retailer dialog in an effort to ensure that end-users have the opportunity to educate themselves and make informed decisions when purchasing a product which has a major impact on their general wellbeing. It is very encouraging to see companies stepping in and creating a culture of caring and respect for consumers. Your offer to answer any additional questions is very reassuring ;)… The Mattress Underground as a community is striving to make available and provide accurate information and encourages full manufacturer/retailer transparency about the specifics of materials used in mattress on behalf of consumers and the ability of consumers to find out information that validates the claims that are being made about a mattress that they can verify for themselves and is self-evident.

Outside of the technologies used within a mattress and whether a mattress is a good match for any sleeper in terms of PPP (Pressure relief, Posture & alignment, and Personal preferences) … a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer. This is why we always encourage consumers when considering any mattress, to first find out the information listed here so that they can assess the quality of the materials and components and compare them to the durability guidelines here to ensure that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of the mattress before making the purchase.

I hope you can provide us with the densities and thickness of the memory foam and the other layers used in Magnistretch that will allow consumers considering this mattress to make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well they will sleep), durability (how long they will sleep well),and determine if the mattress is a good fit for them based on all the parts of their own personal value equation that are most important to them (including the price of course and the options they have available after a purchase if their choice doesn’t turn out as well as they hoped for).

I’m looking forward to learning more about Magniflex/Magnistretch.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for taking time and respond to my post. I will be glad to answer the questions regarding densities and layers of the foam to help consumers make better informed decisions. For this particular Magnistretch 12’’ profile, the layers include:

1. Cover in Natural Viscose & Outlast
  2. 1/2’’ Memory foam
  3. 1/2’’ Super Soft Fiber
  4. 2’’ Eliosoft and 4 1/2’’ Eliosoft with patented Stretch technology
  5. 4 1/2’’ Elioform (firm support foam)

You can read more about it here - Magniflex US | Online Store

When it comes to foam densities, we measure the quality of it by its response time, how quickly the foam responds back to its initial shape. Our foam’s response time is 75% faster then the other leading foam brands.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Zane

Hi Jim-Magniflex / Zane,

Our research shows that the response time of the foam relates mostly to how quickly it adapts to changes in shapes and sleeping positions, but it is not an indicator of the durability or quality of the foam.

While Magniflex views its “foam” quality based on the response time, irrespective of density, this claim should be substantiated by data, regardless of how it is marketed. In this respect, there are two questions that follow:

1. Can you point out the studies or data that support this claim?
  2. What are densities of the foam used in Magnistretch?

Phoenix

Please need help with Magniflex

Hi. I have three Magniflex magnistretch’s two 12s and one 14.

Hi Anetty,

What kind of help are you looking for?

NikkiTMU