Mattress comfort layers - latex

Hi zzipp,

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

AG mattress has been discussed on TMU in this thread here or this topic here, just make sure to read through the later posts as their specs have changed. Some of our trusted members that carry latex hybrid and ship nationally. (There may be shipping costs associated with purchasing innerspring mattresses)

Arizona Premium Mattress
Christeli
Flexus Comfort ships from CA
Magic Sleeper
Luma Sleep
My Green Mattress
Mattress To Go carries better quality value national brands.
Nest Bedding national
Quality Sleep Shop
Texas Mattress Makers ships from TX
Urban Natural
Bedmasters ships from FL
Beloit ships from IL

I’d keep in mind that in general there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make specific mattress recommendations for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I would also be interested in your experience w this type of hybrid vs 100% latex.

Both innerspring and a firmer latex core can be used as a support layer and each has very “different” characteristics but the most important differences are the ones you can feel and that you personally prefer. Both can be softer or firmer depending design so a pocket coil could be firmer than a latex core or the other way around they could be zoned or not all depending on the specifics of the components you are comparing. There is more about this in post #10 here and more detailed information about innersprings vs latex support cores in post #2 here and more about the different types and blends of latex in this article and in post #6 here or post #29 here There are too many differences between them that it is really hard to answer these types of “apples to oranges” questions in any meaningful way other than through general comparisons that may not represent the differences between two specific mattresses.

While it’s not possible to make specific suggestions because of all the many variables involved that are unique to each person and your own experience is the only way to know for certain whether any mattress/topper combination will be a good “match” for you in terms of PPP, Because of the uncertainty involved with purchasing an online mattress where you can’t test it in person … a good exchange/return policy can also reduce the risk so I would make sure you are comfortable with the options you have available after a purchase to exchange or return and any costs involved just in case your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

I don’t know howm much you’ve read since you found us but I’d make sure to start with the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones where you aren’t able to find out the quality of the materials inside it.

Phoenix