Mattress comparable to tempur-pedic adapt medium

Hello,
I have been looking into and testing out mattresses as I am in the market for a new one. I really like the tempur-pedic adapt medium. However, from my time reading through this site I know that a mattress of equal or even better quality can be found for much less that tempur-pedic’s pricing. I am having a hard time finding a similar mattress or any websites that are offering comparison to this new tempur-pedic model. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
The layers of the tempur-pedic are as follows
Quilt: Smart Climate Dual Cover
Cool to Touch
Comfort Layers: 2.0" Tempur Material 4.1lbs
2.0" Tempur APR Material 5.0lbs
2.75" Base layer 1.6lbs
5.7" Airflow Base layer 1.6lbs

I found this soft-pedic by select a bed, which the top layers seem to be similar https://www.selectabed.com/soft-pedic-diagram/. Would this feel like the tempur-pedic
bamboo knit cover
2" of 4lb “soft” memory foam
2" of 5 lb “firm” memory foam
3" tri zoned layer support layer
3" HR poly foam base layer

Any other recommendations to a mattress that would feel similar and still be high quality? I would very much appreciate it.

HI Lesleyann725,

Do you know the density of the Select a bed Tri zoned latex composite core?

I just spoke to select a bed and the base they use is 40 ILD 2.5 or 2.6 density HR Polyfoam for both the softpedic and the tripedic bed. They suggested the tripedic platinum would be the most comparable to the Tempur-pedic adapt medium which the layers are as follows
2" 4lb 10 ILD memory foarm
2" 5lb 16 ild memory foam
6" 40 ILD 2.6 density HR Polyfoam

I like the idea that the soft pedic is zoned to be firmer under your hips in the latex layer. However how would the latex layer affect the feel of the bed when compared to the tempur-pedic? Would the tripedic platinum be a better bet?

I forgot to add the density of the latex layer in the softpedic bed is 28 ild at the head and feet 32 ILd in the midsection.

Hi Lesleyann725,

The tripedic platinum seems like a solid mattress. The HR core is superior in density to the Tempur and will therefor feel slightly firmer. Im not sure what the Tempur 5.7" Airflow Base layer 1.6lbs is. If it’s convoluted foam, it will be much softer than the tripedic platinum HR core, and it also falls below the recommended density of 1.8lbs as suggested by TMU.

The Tripedic platinum will be comfortable, but I don’t think it will feel exactly like the Tempur model you’re looking at because of the denser HR core. The components of the mattress are high quality, and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario