Mattress dealer recommendation

Who do you recommend to deal with in Asheville, NC. Zip code 28803

Hi Ellen07.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Your post slipped through the cracks … sorry :frowning: … Memory Foam Comfort (MFC) … the expert you asked guidance from … is a Canadian retailer and outside any Trusted Members of our site that have showrooms in that general region they would have little knowledge of any other retailer/manufacturers in or around Asheville, NC. (Unfortunately, all the trusted site members in that area are more than 3 hours driving distance from Asheville)

Outside our Trusted membership listing you can perform a Forum Search and you can type a “key term” of any city or area you would be closer to and consider driving such as Knoxville, Charlotte, or any other area to see what other businesses have been discussed in that region which may be helpful to you. Whatever business you’re considering, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the Post #13 quality/value guidelines here.

While I am not sure what your shopping strategy is (testing and purchasing locally or … testing locally and purchasing online) I’d point out that nowadays most of the educated mattress shoppers would usually test mattresses locally (unless they have a good local manufacturer or specialty retailer shop nearby) to “gauge” the feeling and comfort they need and prefer, then they would make some quality value comparisons, and would try to match that particular mattress feel and buy online. When choosing something online, it’s important to deal with experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful manufacturers/retailers or experts who have the experience to guide you through the process and help you find something that they honestly think will fit your specific sleeping positions, somatotype, BMI and individual needs. Post #2 here and this topic have more about the pros and cons of a local vs an online purchase. In most cases, you will find similar and better quality/value mattresses made with durable materials with a good return/exchange/return policy that can help minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for. Our MFC Expert has described this process very well in Post # 35 here that you may wish to have a look at.

Other than this… the first suggestion I would have is to start with the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones which would include the major brands such as Serta or any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the quality of the materials inside it.

If you have any questions about specifications or certain products you discover, feel free to post back on the forum and I or any of the Expert Members of our site will be happy to assist you.

Phoenix