Mattress Help

Hi All,

We are looking at the Novaform Altabella but have had no experience with the company or the bed, can someone help with the information and ascertain if this is a good mattress. We are both side sleepers, and are looking for a medium feel mattress with good support. Thank you in advance

•Mattress thickness: 14"
•Superior, 4-layer construction
•1 inch, ultra soft memory foam for a cradling embrace
•2 inch gel memory foam provides gentle support and ensures the optimal sleep temperature
•3.5 inch FlexTech air channel foam for uplifting support and enhanced air flow
•7.5 inch base foam for therapeutic support and overall stability
•Comfort Scale: 8 (1 = firmest, 10 = softest)
•Contouring Level: 4 (1 = least conforming, 5 = most conforming)

Hi Amindu,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the mattress shopping tutorial has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones (including any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the specifics of the materials and components inside it).

The information you listed about the Novaform Altabella doesn’t include the information I would need to make any meaningful comments about the mattress although most of the Novaform mattresses tend to use lower quality materials in their comfort layers which are the weak link of most mattresses.

If you can find out and post the information listed in this article (including the density of the foam layers) I’d be happy to make some comments about any weak links in the mattress and the quality/durability of the materials.

Without this information it really isn’t possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of a mattress or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. If you aren’t able to find out the information you need to make an informed choice about any mattress … I would pass it by (see the guidelines here).

Phoenix