Mattress Protection

I have finally decided on a mattress after months of “paralysis by analysis”. The Luma Natural Latex Hybrid is the choice.

Now I am looking for a mattress protector. Luma has a couple of options. A knit fabric and an organic cotton. Any experience with these or is there another better option?

Staying cool is my number 1 priority and also being quiet as possible.

Thanks for the help!

Hi NCSteve07.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on picking a stellar mattress. We look forward to hearing about your sleep experience once you’ve been able to test it through the break-in period.

Cotton is a natural fiber and as such is also highly breathable. Cotton is not going to be a culprit in sleeping hot. I also found this thread which seems relevant to your question in which someone mentioned their experience with the Cozypure “Pebble Pique Organic Cotton Stretch Knit Mattress Protector.”

I took a look at the knit cover and can see it is polyester. While it certainly may be breathable, if you’re sensitive to synthetic materials I’d steer clear of polyester which can contribute to sleeping hot.

I hope this helps!
NikkiTMU

Thank you so much for providing some great resources.

In the end, I decided to go with the Berkeley Ergonomics mattress protector. Seems it will provide the most airflow.

Hi NCSteve07.

We look forward to any updates you may have once you’ve had a chance to sleep on it for a few nights!

NikkiTMU