Mattress stores in chicago land area

Hello,
So I am thoroughly confused about this whole mattress shopping idea. I have followed some of these threads and it definitely enlightened me regrading value and mattress quality. I have tried on many beds from the larger retailers and found that most of the memory foam are similar and a few feel better.

I think I have narrowed my choices to Latex as it feels in between foam and spring which I have been sleeping on a stearns and foster for 8 years and it is sagging. I have back problems and hip. I am 5’11 inches and weigh about 190 53 years old and primarily sleep on my side and 25% back.

I live in Chicago and visited North shore bedding which carrys Latex brands natura and Savvy rest. I sort of liked the Savvy rest serenity 10 inch with 3000 topper which made a big difference with the added wool and comfort for me. layers were firm/firm/soft and combo of dunlop and tallaway i think. It was very pricey = 4200. Can you recommend something much more affordable and do you think this would be a good match for me based on my size and physical make up.

Also any other places in chicago area ? and online places to recommend?

Thank you so much. I would love to wrap this up soon.

Hi kenny,

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

The only way to know whether a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) would be based on your own careful and objective testing or your own sleeping experience. There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone that can’t feel what you feel or see you on a mattress to know which mattress could be a good match for you based on specs (yours or the mattress) or theory at a distance (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Once you reach step 3 in the tutorial … then the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Chicagoland area are listed in posts #2 and #4 here. I would make sure that you include My Green Mattress/Quality Sleep in your research.

The tutorial post also includes several links to lists of manufacturers or retailers that sell online (in the optional online step) that are among the better online options I’m aware of. One of them is a link to a list of the members here that sell online and they include many that make make latex mattresses (including My Green Mattress) that have a wide range of different designs, features, options, and budget ranges. You are fortunate that one of them is close enough to you that you can visit them in person.

Phoenix

Hi,

I purchased the Emily pillow top from my green mattress. Emily Pillow Top

The Emily Pillow Top is a plush premium mattress. They handcraft the Emily Pillow Top with a full two inches of soft blended latex over a firm foam-encased pocketed coil spring system.

Its getting delivered Wednesday. Thanks for the help and I definitely support the cause. It so far was an easy experience.

Ken

Hello,

Can you recommend a good place for sheets and pillow cases to sleep cool.

Thanks again, Ken

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding and like other forum members that have purchased the Emily I think you made a great quality/value choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Post #7 here and the posts and topics it links to have more information about sheets and pillowcases that should be helpful.

Phoenix