memory foam mattress

I am looking at buying a queen size memory foam mattress online. For medium firmness it has 2in of 3.5 lb memory. foam and 2in. of 2.5 lb.memory foam. The support layer is 5 in of 1.4 lb urethane and 2i in. of 1.5 lb. urethane. It is made in the US and sells for $387.

The firm mattress has 2 in of 4 lb memory foam and 2 in of 3 lb memory foam with 7 in of 1.5 lb urethane.
Almost all reviews ore very good. Manufacturer not specified but says made in USA.

My question concerns the urethane layers. What do the pound measurements indicate and what can you tell me about the quality of this mattress?
Thank you,
Evelyn Hoban

Hi evehoban,

You can see the guidelines I use for memory foam mattresses in post #10 here. Unless a very low price was the only consideration or the mattress was for temporary or guest use … these aren’t mattresses I would generally consider … especially the first one you listed.

The density of polyfoam and memory foam is the biggest factor in its durability (see this page) and these are generally lower quality/density materials.

Phoenix