My Bad Experience with MFC

After months of research I finally I ordered a Presto Classic Mattress from. MFC .
Soon after placing the order I was told that the 2 Free Latex Pillows which are included in the Purchase are not available and I was refunded $60 in total .
But when I checked Online, the retail price of Latex Pillows on their site is $89 for one. So I should have been refunded $178, but they only agreed to refund $60 total saying that the wholesale price is $30 only.
In my opinion very under handed tactic and customer should be informed in advance if the product is not available. Even till date their site shows that the order for Presto includes 2 free latex pillows. Not ethical.
One week after the order I was told that now the 4lb Foam used in the mattress is not available so they can make it with 3lb Foam but ofcourse there is no price decrease.
This is really strange. If you are decreasing the quality of the foam used there should be a price decrease as well.
I felt that I was being taken for a ride, so decided to get the refund .
Thankfully I did get my refund and have now decided to look elsewhere.
Wasted a lot of time in the process

Hi girisharora,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience regarding this matter. In the last 2 years small businesses have been through a lot of stress because of lock downs and supply chain issues. Many have closed or gone bankrupt in the process. We have managed to stay afloat, but we had to constantly juggle with price increases and our suppliers running out of stock or not being able to produce the foam we need to make our mattresses. We did not increase our prices in the last year even though polyurethane foam has gone up over 50%. The memory foam seems to be the hardest hit by these measures. In the last year, the 5lb MF has gone up over 150% and in the last 6 months we have not been able to get any. This shortage has now moved to the 4lb memory foam. We had some until a few weeks ago and then our 2 suppliers can no longer produce it because they are out of raw materials to make it. They can only offer us 3 lb MF now and that’s the situation we are in. As you can see from all these issues it’s very difficult to keep our website up to date as things change on a daily basis. However, we always try to make our customers happy by offering alternatives or a refund in case they are not happy with the conditions of the sale.

As for the “Free Pillows” our policy is posted online and explains the situation:Offer applies to Cumulus, Presto, and all organic latex mattresses ordered directly through the website. Offer is not valid on foam, folding, futon mattresses, toppers, DIY and custom orders.Choose 2 memory foam contour pillows, 2 shredded latex or one of each. All pillows are small size. The pillows will be shipped automatically with your order.Pillows cannot be exchanged or refunded once they have been shipped out. If you do not want any pillows, we will refund your mattress order with the wholesale cost of the 2 pillows. (In case a pillow model is not available, we reserve the right to substitute the pillows for another of the same value or refund the wholesale cost of the pillows if we are out of them.)

We are out of latex pillows because suppliers in Asia have had issues shipping them due to container shortages and delays at the ports. All of these situations are out of our control and we do our best to juggle inventory and customer satisfaction. In your care it looks like you are disappointed and we understand your point of view. We wish we could have done better, but I hope you understand that due to these unprecedented circumstances we were not able to give you what you wanted. The good news is that we gave you a complete refund as soon as you requested it and that you can now find an offer that will suit your needs. It’s also important to note that we have plenty of organic dunlop latex in stock and can ship out mattresses and toppers in less than 5-9 business days.

Thank you taking the time to comment and we will try and do better in the future,
All the best!

Thanks for your reply Mario
I have now narrowed down the mattress to two other suppliers with the following specs . Both are foam mattress.
Could you please advise which of the following specs are better and how do they compare with Presto specs with reduced 3lb foam.
The price for these mattress is about the same and under $1000.

The mattress construction is as under

Mattress One :
Layer 1 – 2" of 4 lb luxury cooling gel memory foam

Layer 2 - 2" of 1.8 lb transitional performance foam

Layer 3 - 6" of 1.8 lb premium base layer foam provides a durable foundation and support

Mattress Two:
Layer 1 – 2" of 4 lb luxury cooling gel memory foam

Layer 2 - 2" of 2.0 lb transitional performance foam

Layer 3 - 6" of 2.5 lb premium base layer foam provides a durable foundation and support

If price is same which is better construction. I am mostly side sleeper and prefer a medium firm feel.
Thanks for your input.

It would be impossible to guess which one might feel better to you but quality-wise the second mattress is definitely better.

Hi girisharora,

We can’t really compare these mattresses to our Presto because they are not customizable. Our Classic Presto is made of loose layers of 2lb high density foam, 2.75 high resilience foam, organic dunlop latex and (for now) 3 lb memory foam. These layers are slightly higher density (except the memory foam) than the models you present above. In the Presto, the layers can be rearrange to tweak the firmness and support of the mattress, while the mattresses below the layers are glued together to make it one solid assembly. Material wise, in the two models you are considering, mattress 2 has better quality materials than mattress 1.

As for your sleeping style, It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences).

good luck in your search and please let us know which one you decide to get,

all the best

I understand the delays and supply chain issues you mentioned. So, if I order the Presto Classic Split King now (May 17, 2021) what will I get? The following image is taken directly from your site:

Please tell me which layers are still available and to spec and which aren’t. From your post it sounds like only the blue foam got changed to 3lb and the rest are still available and to spec?

And from my understanding of your post, the free shredded latex pillows are no longer available? I don’t want the memory foam pillows - so I should expect 60 dollars off?

Thanks!

Hi samvancity,

All the layers that make the Classic Presto (made of polyurethane foam) are available except we can only get 3lb memory foam for now, because the 2 foam plants we deal with are not producing 4 or 5lb memory foam until further notice.

Yes, I will refund you $60 after you place your order if you opt out of the free pillows.

It’s important to note, that we currently have stock on all the latex components to make our organic dunlop line of latex mattresses.

Thank you for contacting us,

cheers!