Natural Escape Mattress

Hello! I’m on the market for a mattress for my 4 year old son. I’m currently looking at the Luxerion Hybrid Mattress by Latex Mattress Factory and the Natural Escape by My Green Mattress. I’m trying to determine the differences between the two other than price. Could you help me with the comparison? Thanks in advance!

Hello there. Unfortunately, the Latex Mattress Factory doesn’t appear to offer much information on their “6” Pocketed Coil" spring unit, so we can’t really speak to the difference from the one we use other than the height. We use a Leggett & Platt Quantum Edge, Bolsa Nested pocketed coil spring unit that has 3 zones of 7.25" coils - the perimeter coils are 13.5 gauge for a reinforced seating edge, 15.5 gauge coils throughout the sleep surface, and 14.5 gauge coils through the center third of the mattress for improved lumbar support.

Our Natural Escape features 3" of GOLS certified organic Dunlop latex, whereas our competitor does not indicate any certifications and references it to be natural Dunlop. Aside from that, if their website is truly transparent in their other materials, the mattresses appear to be similar in design. One major difference is how our mattresses are held together. We use button tufting to secure all of the layers together, without use of adhesives. I’m not seeing any indication of what hold the layers together in the Luxerion mattress. Let us know if you have any other questions.

I will leave you with a mention that many parents are choosing the less expensive Kiwi mattress as it is similar in design to the Natural Escape, however it uses an 8" continuous coil pocketed coil spring unit and just less than half the amount of latex. It is a slightly firmer feel than our Natural Escape.