Need Advice ASAP Please

Hello: Love this forum! Thanks to everyone for their generous contributions!

My husband’s elderly, disabled mom is coming to live with us in mid-Febrauary. We are so excited. She is a dear woman, and we want her to be comfortable in her new bedroom. :smiley_cat: So we’re mattress shopping!

Mom is 92 years old and has some medical challenges and needs 9-10 hours of quality sleep. On occasion, she also likes to read or listen to music in bed. She carries most of her weight around her stomach and hip areas. Mom weighs about 325 lbs. and is 6 ft. tall. :heart:

We’re mattress shopping for a NON-TOXIC double mattress that will go easy on mom’s joints and pressure points. (Mom has rheumatoid arthritis.) She says she’d appreciate a firm mattress that can handle her weigh without starting to sag in the middle while being easy on the joints. 🩷

One last qualification: I also have RA. I sleep on a 7 year old Green Sleep latex (Talalay) mattress but added a topper to ease joint pain. Works great however it’s getting to the point that I can’t fluff the topper and flip it anymore. So heavy! I wouldn’t want to get mom something that I can’t manage.

So, does anyone have and ideas for a FIRM, NON-TOXIC mattress with something nice for the joints and pressure points without needing to be constantly flipped?

I live in Washington State and can visit stores, but unfortunately mom is not able to travel to test out a mattress. (There’s a great store in Seattle named Soaring Heart but I’m happy to order from a company and have it shipped.)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Emmy

I encourage you to skip any online discovery and have a sit down with an expert to discuss the needs.

The Sleep Store in Bellevue seems to be favored by thousands of Huskies.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the referral.

I wonder if any of you folks have an opinion about Green Sleep (Ergo Collection). They are made in Canada and sold by only a handful of retailers in the states.

Emily

Hi Emmysue,
So, I am going to skip by all the “rules” as Mom is 92 and needs comfort and something to help her mobility. There may be Trusted Members here that may have something like what I am going to present. But this is the ultimate senior mattress system. Senior Mattress
I dont know your budget but something like this if there are mobility issues may be a great solution.

If you have a larger budget then the dawn house is also an option. Dawn House

Norm

Thank you Norm. <shhhh I won’t tell>

Link didn’t work. And Google didn’t bring up anything like “Senior Mattress System.” Only brought up recommendations for mattresses for seniors.

Emily

1 Like

LOL, its ok, one thing about our trusted members here, they are looking out for your best interest when seeking a mattress and often refer to other options that will help you if one of theirs doesnt fit the bill. That is what so great about TMU, everyone is all about you, the MUGster. I fixed the link, so it should work. Let me know what you think. The actual name of the mattress system is the UPbed.
Good Luck,
Norm