Need help deciphering mattress options from Naturepedic for side sleeper

Hello, my partner and I are looking for a new King bed that provides good support for side sleeping. We found that the beds at Naturepedic were comfortable, but need help determining if it’ll be a good bed for us long term. We currently have a Winkbed Soft that started sagging around the center / hip area and it’s only 4 years old, so we’re worried about durability in our next mattress.

Some background - My partner (250 lbs 6’7) and I (120 lbs 5’7) both have broader shoulders than hips and find that soft beds are more accommodating for our shoulders when sleeping on our side. My partner is primarily a side sleeper while I am a back and side sleeper, though sometimes end up waking up on my stomach.

These are the 2 mattress we are considering from Naturepedic - EOS pillowtop and Halcyon Arcadia (linked below), both in the softest version. There’s a big price difference and we’re not sure why. The only real difference I see is that the EOS is 8 inch coils vs 6 inch coils for Arcadia, while both have 6 inches of latex. In person, we did feel that the Arcadia was more comfortable, though on both beds, our shoulders stay higher up than our hips so our spine isn’t perfectly straight. Not sure if it’s possible to get a straight spine given that our shoulders are broader than our hips? Would you recommend either of these beds, and is it worth it to pay up for the Arcadia? Any other bed you’d recommend?

We also considered FloBeds because of their zoned support and reading good things about it on Mattress Underground, but there’s no showrooms with FloBeds near us, and we generally like the feeling of hybrid beds more. Do you think zoned support is important in our case?

We are in a similar spot as you are. We are looking at the Halcyon Arcadia with their soft coils, soft microcoils and soft dunlop topper. I am a hot sleeper and felt the cover on the Arcadia felt cooler than the EOS. The other mattress we are looking at is the European Sleep Works Nordic II HDM. We did not compare these two on the same day but will be going back (its a 4 hour drive from us). Like you we like very soft/plush beds and these two have been the softest we have felt. The Nordic II is $3,200 so its considerably less than the Arcadia (which is on sale this week) so not sure we can justify the cost of the Arcadia…although feel wise may have been the best.

I was also looking into replicating the feel with a DIY build using an 8" pocket coil base, micro pocketed coil comfort layer and a 3" Talalay plush topper. Just not sure we can recreate the feel of the Arcadia zipper cover…but I am around $1,000 for the components without the cover so far. I put links to the components below just not sure how close this will feel to the two.

Base Coils

Micro Pocketed Coils

Talalay Topper

wow 10k for the mattress with coils? I thought Latex was supposed to be the more expensive one.

i think the eos pillowtop is overkill to the point i doubt the support coils do anything. and the halcyon is overkill moneywise. i have an eos classic with plush support coils and medium microcoils. if you’re not heavy or super curvy, i think it’s an amazing mattress for a side sleeper. the microcoils make is super plush feeling, but at the same tiume super supportive. best mattress ive ever owned. the all spring/no foam config makes it super cool sleeping too.

after rereading your post, based on weight and body proportions, maybe the 3" of cushion on the classic mightn’t be enough. still encourage trying the pillowtop with microcoils in one or both of the comfort layers. one problem though is the stores don’t always have double sets of the microcoils because it isn’t very popular. they market the microcoils as an alternative if you’re allergic to latex, but i think it was leaps and bounds more comfortable than the latex.

While I am waiting for a new bed frame I did purchase the components to recreate the Halcyon. I got the 6" caliber coils, I purchased a plush microcoil layer from Naturepedic and topped it with a 3" plush talalay topper. Into if for about $1800 without an encasement for a King.

Hey @csufman - can you let us know how the bed recreation of the Halcyon worked for you?