New Novosbed Mattress & its Layers

Hi Dormir7,

We suggest one that is made with 5lb density memory foam. It offers superior support, pressure relief and durability. It’s a good idea to get one that is certiPUR-US certified, for content, emissions, and durability, and has been analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories.

you will find more info on Memory Foam here and on polyurethane foam mattress support cores here

Good luck with your purchase, and let us know on what you decided to buy.

All the best

Mario

MFC does not ship to the USA, correct? If not, do you have a sister company that does?

Thanks.

Thank you for the response and reassurance, Sensei. So far the TempurPedic has been a dream. I’m a little incredulous at how much I love it. It is very firm. I’m not big and heavy, but really loving the firmness. Maybe I’ve been so scarred by sagging mattresses that the feeling of not having my hips dip far below my neck is such a welcome reprieve. But for now I’m tempering (Tempuring :wink: my enthusiasm for the TempurPedic because my last 3 mattresses have felt great at first, but have failed within 18 months. I’ll celebrate in earnest if I’m still loving the TempurPedic this time next year.

And this is another of the challenges of reading mattress reviews. On top of comfort and preferences being so utterly subjective, most reviews are submitted fairly early after purchase. There is no place to get a critical mass of reviews from these happy mattress customers 1, 2, 3 years later. Especially with the flood of online mattress companies that racked up glowing reviews overnight, there’s no track record for their longevity. $800- $1000 might be a great price for a memory foam mattress compared to the old guard TempurPedic, but it’s not if that’s your annual cost.

Incidentally, I got what I consider to be a killer deal on the TempurPedic Contour Supreme. I purchased it from Costco for $2000. It’s still a lot of money, but at this rate if it lasts 2 years, I’m ahead of the game, instead of paying $1000-$1200 per year plus back aches.

Hi Dormir7,

Correct, MFC does not ship to the USA, we only offer free shipping within Canada and we do not have a sister company.
The good news however is that you’ll find some Trusted Retailers here that are located in the USA.

Good luck with your purchase

All the best

Hey deco,

Thanks for the note and update. You bring up some really interesting points, especially after having such bad experiences, your expectations are so much lower, which I know you are not alone as we have heard this before. It is one of the main reasons we advocate for our trusted members, as people should be able to find the right mattress that lasts much longer than you expect.

Great point also, about “reviews” received so close to purchasing, because as we hear over and over again, the breakdown of mediocre materials happening 1, 1.5 years after purchase. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next couple of years. The same point is applicable for “mattress review sites” which are exceptional in the SEO digital search marketing, and they review brand new mattresses.

Good luck with the Tempur, Costco, it is well known, given their market size and minimal margin requirements… they do have some great prices on quality brand products.

Thanks
Sensei

Hey there! We ended up being torn between the Rhapsody Luxe and the Cloud Supreme. The Rhapsody Luxe would’ve proven to be far more durable for our body weights but we felt like we were forcing ourselves to like it and would end up regretting the purchase. The alternative was to go with the Cloud Supreme, which felt great, but at the risk of far less durability, given the 4-lb comfort layer. In the end, we decided that if we in fact preferred the softer feel of the Cloud Supreme, we may as well go with that and plan on replacing it in 3-4 years, or whenever it broke down. I’d rather spend more money and sleep comfortably than spend less money and make the “wise” decision, only to have trouble sleeping on a too-hard mattress.

The twist is that, once we realized we preferred a medium-soft mattress, we decided that we should just stick with our current plush coil mattress until it breaks down and we’re forced to replace it. We kind of have a family rule: when in doubt, don’t change anything. If we ever struggle for too long when making a decision that requires a change, we stay put and approach it at a later time. It’s never failed us. So, we ended up spending the money on a new bedroom set, haha!

Sorry that I couldn’t be of greater assistance. Buying a mattress is a headache. I am glad that we’re done with the process for the time being and do not look forward to going through it again in the future. However, when we do replace our current mattress, we will almost certainly go with the one that has at least 4-lb foam and try to get the best bang for the buck, with a plan to replace the mattress at whatever point it breaks down, prematurely or otherwise. In my opinion, it is simply too difficult to find a reliable company that makes an affordable, 5-lb+ density memory foam mattress, with a suitable trial, that sees their product as comparable to other mattresses that one can easily test in-store. We’ll likely be Tempurpedic floor model customers, simply because we can actually lay on the freaking mattresses before spending our hard-earned money.

Well, it looks like we’re back on the hunt. Of course, the Tempur-Pedic models we’d settled on are no longer available, so research has to be conducted again, at least somewhat. Dormir7, is there any chance that you made a decision that panned out for you in the past two years? I’ll probably stop by a Tempur-Pedic retailer in the next week or so, try out the current models, and see if they have any floor models available. I am aware that they now have a 1.6-lb polyfoam base layer, but I don’t know how else I can choose a mattress without laying on it or getting a solid return policy. We’ll probably just take a shot at a TP floor model, if available, and see what happens.

In the meantime, if anyone has any new info on mattresses comparable to Tempur-Pedic mattresses and with decent sleep trial and return policies, I’m definitely all ears! I hope everyone has been well.