North West Bedding

Is anyone familiar with North West Bedding mattress quality. I have been looking at a latex/foam mattress at a furniture store here but can’t find any info on the construction of the “Air Touch” model. They are made in Spokane Wash. Thanks.

Hi mitch3644,

You can read some of my comments about Northwest Bedding in post #2 here and the posts it links to but like all manufacturers they make a wide range of mattresses that use both higher and lower quality materials and components so regardless of the name of a manufacturer … the only way to know the quality of a mattress would be by finding out the specifics of the materials inside it (see this article).

If you can’t find out the information you need to identify any potential weak links in a mattress or make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses … and the retailer won’t take the time to find out for you … I would pass the mattress by.

Phoenix

I actually talked to a gentleman named Barry and asked questions about the beds he had on their web site and the mattress with their name at my local retailer. He was evasive about the the bed in question and said he didn’t know anything about it but they make mattresses for retailers but the mattress had their name on it. Since I couldn’t get a straight answer about the construction of the bed and he tried to sell me one off their web site I think I will pass on them. Thanks.

Hi mitch3644,

That’s a good idea. In most cases it’s the job of a good retailer to find out the information you need from their manufacturer and if they take the time to find out for their customers they will generally be more successful than a customer enquiry made directly to a manufacturer but the bottom line is if you can’t find out from one or the other or the information isn’t available in your online research then you are wise to pass it by.

Phoenix