Novapure latex mattress

I am looking at purchasing a latex mattress in trying to avoid toxic chemicals used in the mattress industry. Budget is an issue so I am trying to find something in my price range. What are your thoughts on the Novapure mattress as it is one that is available in my area (Edmonton, AB., Can.) and in my price range?

Hi Deb59,

Phoenix is off on a retreat until next Sunday, 4/28/18.

We can route your post to one of our Expert Members if you would like the perspective of a TMU manufacturer/component expert and cannot wait until Phoenix returns. You will find our Expert Members to be objective and neutral when it comes to other companies

Thanks for your patience.

TMU Administrator

Hi deb59.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I am guessing that you are not referring to Novapure (made by the Italian company Ennerev) :slight_smile: If you are looking at NovoPure made by Restwell in Surrey Canada, I am not familiar with this mattress nor has it been discussed in any meaningful way on TMU. NovoPure mattress uses 6" or 7" Echotex a soy-based Polyfoam of unknown density for the Della or Aberdeen Falls models. They both have Talalay latex comfort layers, but other than layer thickness they don’t seem to provide density specifics of all the layers and components to their retailers or customers. I suggest that you make some phone calls to the local shop that carries Novospure, to make sure that they can provide you with the information you need about the mattress you are considering to make informed choices (the thickness of every layer and component, the type of material in each layer, and the density of any foam used and the type and blend of any latex) and if you find the details and post them here I or any of the Expert members of the site will be happy to comment upon them.

If you’re looking for information on selecting a mattress, and the manner in which you can be assured that you’re looking at something that contains good quality and durable materials, you should start by reading the mattress shopping tutorial here . Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

Phoenix