Please Help!

I am 6’5 weighing at 230 pounds. I am a combination sleeper that can sleep on back, stomach, and side. Though i tend to wake up on my stomach for some reason. Please recommend the best build for me thanks!

Hello Redsox1895 and thank you so much for the inquiry!

Based on the information you’re provided, I would absolutely recommend either our Hybrid mattress or the 10" Select Sleeep line (available in natural and organic). On the Hybrid, the top 3" of soft latex will ensure you get all the contour and pressure relief needed to avoid any hip pain or shoulder pain. This layer will also provide the secondary support needed to help avoid back pain. Secondary support is needed to fill in the gaps between your body and the mattress – back sleeepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between the small of their back and the mattress; side sleeepers normally need secondary support to fill in the gaps between their mid-section and the mattress. If these parts of a person’s body aren’t supported by the mattress, their muscles will work throughout the night to hold these parts of the body up, and by the time they wake up they’ve got back pain. So the top 3" of soft latex will provide contour, pressure relief, and secondary support. The core of the mattress will provide all the primary support needed to maintain proper spinal alignment and avoid back pain. The Hybrid also has enhanced edge support, in case edge support is a concern of yours.

If you choose the natural or organic line, I would definitely recommend medium Dunlop or Talalay for the top layer, medium Dunlop for the middle layer, and firm Dunlop for the bottom layer, and I would recommend this for both sides of the mattress. I would say the same thing for the natural or organic lines as I said for the Hybrid: the top soft Dunlop or Talalay layer should provide all the contour and pressure relief needed to avoid any pressure point issues and will add secondary support to the mattress. The bottom two (medium and firm Dunlop) layers should provide all the support needed to maintain proper spinal alignment and avoid back pain.

Regarding the differences between the Hybrid and the Select Sleeep line - Our Hybrid is an enclosed mattress that quilted on both sides and is adjusted by flipping it, and the Select Sleeep mattress has a zippered cover that is adjusted by unzipping the cover and rearranging the layers. Aside from that, the Select Sleeep line is fully customizable and fully adjustable. So you can customize the mattress before purchasing so that it’s as soft as you’d like, as firm as you’d like, has as much contour and pressure relief as you’d like, has as much support for your back as you’d like, etc., whereas the Hybrid has limited options for customizing the mattress. Furthermore, if you start with a certain setup in the Select Sleeep line and find that it’s too soft, you can unzip the cover and rearrange the layers to get a firmer feel out of the mattress, or you can exchange a layer to make the mattress softer. Additionally, latex mattresses typically last 20 years. If, in 5 or 10 or 15 years you decide you want a softer or firmer mattress you would only have to buy a new layer instead of an entirely new mattress. Aside from that, the Hybrid has a bouncier and springier feel, and feels more similar to a traditional spring mattress than all-latex mattresses do. The Hybrid is an outstanding value and has an incredibly low return rate (all of our mattresses do, actually), and is ideal for people that already know they prefer the feel of a mattress with springs in it.

Actually, both mattresses are great values and have incredibly low return rates compared to the industry average return rate for mattresses, so it’s hard to imagine you would go wrong with either one. It’s just that they have slightly different feels and different options for adjusting them. If you’d like to order the Hybrid with more options for adjusting the firmness or if you’d like the Hybrid to have a different firmness on each side of the mattress, you can order what we call the 360 hybrid. The 360 hybrid is exactly the same as the regular hybrid except it has a zipper on the side of the mattress (3" down from the top of the mattress) that allows you to customize the top 3" of latex and allows you to exchange the top 3" of latex as well. So if you started with a soft on top and tried it and decided you want a medium on top, you can make that change for just $30 as part of our layer exchange period as long as it’s done within the first 90 days of having the mattress.