Please help

Can you please let me know what you think about the
Sealy Posturepedic® Hybrid “Sandy Lane” Tight Top Sleep Sets
sears.ca/product/sealy-posturepedic-hybrid-sandy-lane-tight-top-sleep-sets/601-94113-94113

Vs

Serta® iSeries® Dawning Tight Top Sleep Sets
sears.ca/product/serta-iseries-dawning-tight-top-sleep-sets/601-83049-83049

Or any other mattress from Sears Canada that won’t sag as our previous Napa Valley from Simmons did sag after a few years.

Thanks so much.

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: sears.ca/product/sealy-posturepedic-hybrid-sandy-lane-tight-top-sleep-sets/601-94113-94113 |Archived Footprint 2: sears.ca/product/serta-iseries-dawning-tight-top-sleep-sets/601-83049-83049

Hi SearsShopper,

It would probably be a good idea to completely “reset” how you are looking for a mattress.

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else in terms of firmness, “comfort”, or PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of “comfort” and PPP the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress always depends on knowing the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new so I would always make sure that you can find out the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure that there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would be a cause for concern or compromise the durability and useful life of a mattress you are considering before making any purchase.

All the major brands (such as Sealy/Stearns & Foster, Simmons, and Serta) tend to use lower quality materials in their mattresses than most of their smaller competitors that will tend to soften or break down prematurely relative to the price you pay and I would generally suggest avoiding all of them completely (and the major retailers that focus on them) along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here along with post #3 here and post #12 here and post #404 here).

If you let me know your city or postal code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix