Presto Latex or Presto Classic ? Which one should I choose

Hi Everyone.
I am trying to buy a queen size mattress from MFC and am torn between Presto Classic and all natural Presto Organic Latex Model.
There is a price difference of nearly Cad $1000 BETWEEN THE TWO.
I like the feel of both type and am a side sleeper.
What do you advise ? Is it really worth spending an extra $1000 to move to 100% Latex?
The only thing I am worried about is if Presto Classic will sleep me hot.
Thanks

Hi girisharora,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

The choice is up to your personal preferences, needs and budget. The Classic Presto which comes in at a lower price, offers more customization possibilities, as is made of different types of polyurethane foams and 1 layers of latex. It may sleep hot, if you use the memory foam layer on top, but this can be minimized by placing that layer further down in the mattress or you can swap it for the soft HD bonus layer we include with the mattress.
The main reason people choose the Organic Presto is that they want a mattress that’s all natural / organic and does not off-gas.
The latex will also outlast the polyurethane foam, but since the Presto is made of loose foam / latex layers you can simply change the layer that is worn out and extend the life of the mattress at a small cost.

Did I answer all your questions?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario

Hi Mario

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
So, am I correct in understanding that I can swap the top layer Foam in Presto Classic with Dunlop Latex layer to prevent or reduce heating up ?
Secondly how long will the Off gasing smell last? Doers it go off after a week or two or is it a continuous process.
I am not sensitive or allergic to light smell but wanted to know if its quite noticeable even after few weeks when sleeping-in and would it hinder with a peaceful sleep?
If I plan to move residence in couple of years will it be easier to move the Presto Classic or presto Full Latex by removing the layers and folding it slightly to fit into my SUV.
Can I do that or will it damage the Memory Foam or Latex in any way.
Thanks for your help.

Hi girisharora,

Correct, memory foam sleeps hot if place on top of the mattress, but if you swap it with any other layer that is provided with the mattress then it will be cooler.

The odour / off-gassing can take time to dissipate. It’s hard to give you an exact time frame as everyone has a different sensitivity to odours. Some of our clients do not notice the odour, while others will notice it for months…

[quote]
If I plan to move residence in couple of years will it be easier to move the Presto Classic or presto Full Latex by removing the layers and folding it slightly to fit into my SUV.
Can I do that or will it damage the Memory Foam or Latex in any way.
[/quote] There’s no difference, either mattress can be easily moved. You just have to be a little bit more careful when handling memory foam, because it’s more fragile than other types of foams.

All the Best!
Mario

Thanks for clarifying Mario.
I will be placing the order soon for Presto Classic

Hi girisharora,

That’s great! Please don’t forget to use the discount code when you check out, you can find it here

All the best!

Hi Mario
Forgot to ask, do I need to buy any Mattress Protector for my Presto Classic Mattress?
If yes which one would you recommend?
Any recommendation for Fitted Sheet?

Thanks a lot

Hi girisharora,

Yes, we do recommend to use a mattress protector for any type of mattress because the mattress cover cannot be washed.
We sell a wool mattress protector that is machine washable
which regulates body temperature and humidity. You can also buy one at any bedding store but we suggest you get one made of natural fibres.

Any fitted sheet made of cotton and that has a drop size (pockets) of approximately 16" will work best with the Presto mattress.

All the Best!
Mario

Thanks for the suggestion Mario. If I choose to go with Presto Organic Latex instead of Presto Classic , do I still require the Mattress Protector and if yes , can I use the same as suggested by you in the above post?

Hi girisharora,

Yes, we do recommend to use a mattress protector for any type of mattress because the mattress covers cannot be removed and washed.

Yes, it’s a great mattress protector if you have the budget for it

regards