Purchasing a Mattress for the First Time and Need Help

I have been doing a lot of research in trying to decide the right mattress and then of course the best place to buy this mattress. I have to say, "WOW, lots of options and opinions out there. It has been very overwhelming.

I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area so I am planning on checking out the places that have been mentioned on this forum such as The Mattress Factory, United & Holland Mattress, City Mattresses Factory, and Sleep Craft. I am also looking into purchasing online from Arizona Premium Mattress Company, Brooklyn Bedding, and Dreamfoam Bedding (which I understand is also actually Brooklyn Bedding).

I am looking about buying either 100% latex or a blend. I of course am on somewhat of a budget, but in the long run I know a quality product can be worth it. This is my first time buying my own mattress, and I would appreciate any input and/or opinions.

I also have a more specific request. Can you tell me the differences between Brooklyn Bedding’s Bamboo Bliss and Dreamfoam Bedding’s Ultimate Dreams Eurotop Latex Mattress? The only notable difference I could see was that the BB Bliss had a 1" Chemical Free Wool & BreathCool Poly Foam and the Ultimate Dreams had a 1.5 inches of super soft reflex foam. What does that mean exactly?

Hi JJones44,

You are certainly looking at some great options :slight_smile:

The best suggestion I could give you is to follow the steps in the mattress shopping tutorial one at a time so you will have the best chance of making the choice that is the “best for you” based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Your next step would be to narrow down your options to one at each of the manufacturers you are looking at.

Once you have done that then you can make more meaningful comparisons between them and make your final choice between “good and good”.

The most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase would be how suitable a mattress is for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). For the mattresses that are local that would be based on careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines and for the online options you are considering that would be based on more detailed conversations with each manufacturer (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The next most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase would be the quality/durability of the materials relative to the price (see the guidelines here).

Finally, the other parts of your personal value equation (including of course the price and any exchange or return options that are available) would also be important parts of the “value” of your purchase.

Post #16 here compares the Dreamfoam Eurotop with the Brooklyn Bedding Bamboo Bliss and their Cotton Camilla and the pros and cons of each one.

Phoenix