pure latex bliss IDL #s

looking at pure latex bliss mattresses beautiful and nutrition but i can not get any ILD numbers for these? any help Thanks

typo ILD #s :wink:

Hi saltlife,

Post #2 here should help :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you, let me ask your opinion on these mattresses and if you had any advice for or against them? Is there any other similar brands that maybe better in quality. I live in Tampa bay, FL and would like to be able to feel the mattress before i buy. Thanks for any help

Hi saltlife,

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

While I can’t speak to whether one of the PLB mattresses would be a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because only your own testing or personal experience can tell you this (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) … all the layers inside it are blended Talalay latex which is a very high quality and durable material so I can confirm that there certainly wouldn’t be any weak links in any of their latex mattresses.

While value is always relative to how any mattress compares to other similar mattresses that you are considering or that are available to you either locally or online … the PLB mattresses would certainly be in a “better than average” value range for most people … especially compared to most of the mainstream mattresses that most people end up choosing.

There are also other manufacturers that make latex mattresses (either locally or online) that depending on your criteria may be better value yet but if one of the PLB mattresses was a good match for you in terms of PPP and it also compared well to the other latex mattresses you are looking at based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would certainly be well worth considering as a finalist or as a final choice (see post #2 here).

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Tampa Bay area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked previously) are listed in post #143 here.

Phoenix

thanks again phoenix you have a very nice site :slight_smile: so these pure bliss mattresses im looking at… can you tell me how the wear will be? is it ok that they are blended talalay ? Is $2900 a good price for a king size beautiful ? also if i get a 3inch topper this will just make it softer correct?

Hi saltlife,

There is more about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to each person in post #4 here but in general latex is the most durable of all the foam materials (memory foam, polyfoam, and latex foam).

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and more about 100% natural Talalay vs blended Talalay in post #2 here. If anything … blended Talalay made by Latex International can be a more durable material than 100% natural Talalay (in lower ILD’s especially) but the choice between different types or latex is more of a preference choice than a “better/worse” choice.

PLB has MAP pricing (minimum advertised pricing) but there are some retailers listed in post #32 here that sell the PLB mattresses online that you can call and talk with about their pricing for the same mattress to use as a “value” reference.

I would also be very cautious about buying the PLB foundation because they are not the best choice for a latex mattress (see the pictures here and here)

It would add additional softness and pressure relief yes but thicker and softer comfort layers also add to the risk that you can have alignment issues on a mattress over the course of the night which can lead to lower back pain when you wake up in the morning so I would make sure that you do some very careful testing on any mattress topper combination that has thicker and softer comfort layers to make sure that it’s not too soft for you.

Phoenix