Reason for concern?

Supposedly good for heavier weights, convoluted foam as shown here a concern?
brooklynbedding.com/product/best-mattress-ever/

Scroll down to picture of layers.

Hi Napper,

There is more about convoluted foam in post #2 here.

With a 2 lb firmer polyfoam base layer underneath 4" of latex and a thin polyfoam layer quilted in the cover there would be no reason for concern in terms of the durability or useful life of the mattress.

Phoenix

Went on their website tonight and the picture has changed as it also has in the above link. They have changed from convulated to solid foam. They said they had got complaints about edge support and the solid foam should firm it up a little more than the convulated. I asked if it would change the feel of the rest of the mattress and they said no. I also asked them since it had just showed the convulated a couple days ago could you still get either/or if you ordered now and they said you would get the solid foam.

Hi Napper,

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Not surprisingly because I they would certainly be “experts” about their mattresses … they are right that it could make a difference for some people that sleep with most of their weight concentrated on the outside few inches of their mattress or who sit on the edge of their mattress on a regular basis (again because their weight would be more concentrated) but that most people probably wouldn’t notice much if any difference when they sleep on it because their weight would be much more evenly distributed over the entire surface of the mattress.

Phoenix