Recommendation for a queen mattress for my son - Connecticut

Live around New Haven, CT and do not know any reputable local stores/manufacturers, if you have any please recommend away.

My son is 6ft tall, 175lbs. He sleeps in a now sagging queen mattress which badly needs replacing. Have read a lot of the very useful information this site and am a bit overwhelmed but will continue to study away. So far, got “latex”, "local’ as keywords to take away.

Again, if you want to recommend a model…

Thank you for all the great information on the site.

Hi luca,

The first place to start with your mattress research is post #1 here which includes the basic information, steps, and guidelines (and many of the most useful forum posts) that can help you (or your son) make the best choices.

I’m happy to help with how to choose but there are too many variables and individual preferences for anyone to make a specific recommendation about what mattress to choose out of the many thousands of mattresses that are available (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The better options I’m aware of in the New Haven, CT area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi - I am actually in New Haven! I am 6’1 160 pounds so pretty close to your son. I have been to Comfort Sleep Systems and Restopedic and can vouch for both. I toured CSS’s manufacturing facility, which is at their retail store, and they are turning out a quality product.

Of the two my favorite mattress was the Natures Wonder at Restopedic second fave was the Comfort Collection Plush at CSS. Wow for my size both were perfect. Both deliver to New Haven as well. If you just want a topper, I reccomend KTT Enterprises, the owners father started Latex Int’l and gets his latex directly from them. And they are dirt cheap.

A little farther afield Yankee Matress in Enfield had some nice models as well. They told me that it would be possible to deliver in NH as well.

Good luck!