Replaceable layers

Hi, I am new to this site and have just ordered a Dunlop latex topper to try out before purchasing a Spit King latex mattress. We were looking at the ZenHaven.com which has a 100% Talalay latex which we were drawn to since it is flipable offering both a plush and firm side. Have you reviewed this mattress? Our weights are slightly above 200 lbs each, so we have concerns with whether Talalay is good choice. Also, since some companies have layers that are replaceable, we wonder if that may be a better choice for us.

We have had spring, Tempurpedic, and foam mattresses in the past and have not kept any more than 3 to 4 yrs. My husband is a back sleeper, and I mostly sleep on my side. I like the bed a bit softer than he does. We are wanting to get an adjustable base this time, and due to the cost of the base and mattresses, we are looking for a little advice on whether ZenHaven would be a good choice for us, or if there are better options and factors we should be considering.

Thank you!

Good Morning JoP,
I think you are on the right track by thinking about a latex mattress in your next mattress purchase. I am a firm believer that latex, whether it is Talalay or Dunlop processed latex will out perform all other materials used in the bedding industry. Now between Talalay and Dunlop, there is some personal preference i suppose to feel, but Talalay is a more consistent latex, and in my humble opinion the highest quality latex foam produced in the world. For more information on Talalay vs Dunlop check out this page Talalay Latex Mattress vs Dunlop Latex Mattress
I believe zen haven is a fantastic mattress for some people, however options are rather limited in comparison to an adjustable latex mattress, where one can open up the bed and manipulate the layer stack, or change it all together. Take a look at what mattress might be best for your body type, by using this tool: build my bed See where the ild’s line up with the ones your looking at. If you’d like to just pick up the phone and talk beds, give us a ring!

Hi, Thanks for sharing this information! I am also interested to purchase few latex mattresses for my newly constructed home. Hope this platform helps me to get the best mattresses and affordable price as well. Any recommendation will be appreciated!

Hello Brenden34,
Your on the right track in thinking about a latex mattress, in my opinion latex is the most durable, comfortable material used in the industry! You’ll find a plethora of information on this forum, that should prove valuable in making a decision on these beds for your new home.
We have a number of different models here: Latex Mattress
If your unsure on what firmness, or mattress design might be best for you, this online tool can point you in the right direction: What Firmness should i choose? Be sure to get your 5% mattress underground discount with coupon code “TMU” at checkout.
If you’d like a personal mattress consultation, give us a call!

I recently purchased the Zenhaven mattress. It’s still within the refund window; I’m not 100% sure we’ll keep it. This seems to be a very well-made product and I do like some of the design features (the flippable sides, the zoned comfort layers, the handles). However, so far, I’m finding the “plush” side not supportive enough and the “firm” side not quite soft enough (or something!) to relieve hip and shoulder pressure when I’m on my side. They’re sending out a topper; this should make the “firm” side more comfortable. The company service seems to be very good, by the way.

I’m 5’11, ~200 lbs, and often sleep on my stomach; my wife is smaller and often sleeps on her side. She finds this mattress satisfactory (but not quite as comfortable as a much less expensive Ikea Morgongava). While “flippable” is attractive, in theory, I think in the end it might be better to know your needs and your options, then get a mattress designed top-to-bottom to meet those needs. Your Mileage May Vary. I’m not suggesting you should rule out the Zenhaven, just be realistic about the ability of 2 sides (plush/firm) to cover all needs.