Replacing a TempurPedic - Snoring & Larger Spouse....Considerations

We are imminently replacing our bed, moving from 1 17 year old Tempurpedic queen to a new adjustable bed of some type.

I loved the Tempurpedic when new.

1. Now, it has a noticeable ridge for a few inches in the middle of the bed and sinking parts on both sides.
  2. I am also approaching middle age and starting to sleep hot - so temperature control is an issue. Finally, our neighbors had a fire start under a foam bed.
  3. The chemicals heated quickly, releasing gasses into the air - ultimately igniting like kerosene and blowing up - ruining their house in under 10 minutes…and burning VERY hot. I would prefer less flammable and more natural materials. We tend towards natural foods, natural fabrics, no air fresheners, etc. We bought organic cotton mattresses for our babies.

My husband is 6’ tall and snores. Just over 200#. Side sleeper.

I am 5’2" and sleep hot. Under 200#. Side and belly sleeper and sometimes a back sleeper.

Considerations:

1. Base that adjusts both sides independently
  2. Patching the middle of a split king so there is not a total gap
  3. Firm mattress with cradling support
  4. Temperature control

Budget is a factor - but we have flex there. This is a very important purchase. If we cannot get a dual adjutable base that moves him when he snores - he will end up on another bed in another room - - and that would be even more expensive :slight_smile:

What do you recommend?

Hello and thank you so much for the inquiry! Our sister company Latex Mattress Factory’s internet is down but I’d happy to answer this question on their behalf. Based on the information you’ve provided, I am certain that the firmer side of the Roma would be a perfect fit for both of you. Of course if either of you try the mattress and it turns out to be too firm you can just flip it over to the softer side. Regarding the mattress not sleeping hot, please note that latex is an open-celled naturally breathable product and I’m sure that you’ll find that the mattress sleeps MUCH cooler than your current mattress. Regarding the fire barrier, the Roma has a 1/4" of Rayon on each side (Rayon is extracted from bamboo and if you’ve ever seen a textile product or mattress cover that says “bamboo”, they’re referring to the textile as being made of Rayon), and this Rayon is the natural fire barrier in the mattress.

With all that said, I’m confident that two twin XL Roma’s would be a perfect fit for you and your husband and it satisfies each of your considerations, so I think you’re in great shape on this one! If you’d like to be able to avoid feeling the split between the two Twin XL Roma’s you may want to look for what’s called a Twin XL mattress bridge, it looks like this - Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree