Repurposing our box spring as foundation for Natural Mattress

Hi Latex Mattress Factory,

We recently purchased the natural mattress and can definitely see the betterment of our sleep quality. That said, we’re using the box spring foundation that came with our old foam mattress, and sometimes we gingerly moved about to avoid potentially puncturing the latex top.

On your mattress foundation page, there’s this Q&A:
"
WHAT IF I’M BUYING A LATEX MATTRESS AND I HAVE A PERFECTLY FUNCTIONING BOX SPRING? DO I NEED TO REPLACE IT WITH A SLATTED FOUNDATION?
No, not necessarily. If you are purchasing a latex mattress and your box spring is in good working condition, we recommend taking a trip to your local home improvement store and purchasing a 1-3-inch slab of plywood to lay between the box spring and the mattress.

The additional plywood platform will ensure that the box spring coils do not poke or shred your latex mattresses. It will also ensure that your latex mattress is lying on an even, flat surface, which is crucial for the overall longevity of the mattress and the sleep quality for any of its users.
"

This is good news for us but we need a little clarification about “1-3-inch slab of plywood” you mentioned there. Do you mean 1/3" (one third of an inch), or 1 - 3" (one to three inches) of plywood slab?
Please clarify this for us.

Thank you,
Mira

1 Like

Hello Mira and thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums! That looks like a typo on our website and thank you so much for catching that! We normally recommend ¾" thick plywood to place between the mattress and box springs.

2 Likes

I see, thank you for the clarification!