Reputable local mattress stores in West Palm Beach, FL area

Hello, I am brand new to this forum and am super impressed with the wonderful flow of great information made available. Thank you so very much for this much appreciated service! I have been researching whether I want a latex or memory foam mattress and have come to the conclusion that latex is a better choice for me thanks to the info provided here. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable local mattress store in the West Palm Beach, FL area where I might try out latex beds to see what feels right. I also am considering an adjustable bed since every night I find myself stuffing a pillow under my knees to relieve lower back pain before I go to sleep. I think I would enjoy one that would slightly lift your head and knee area to get into that “zero gravity” position. If it would not be too much to ask, could someone steer me toward a good value adjustable bed and place to purchase one? I think I understand that a latex mattress would be suitable on top of an adjustable bed frame - just so many choices and I don’t have a clue which one would be good. I was also considering purchasing a 2 or 3 inch latex topper as a first step to try out for a while to use on my current innerspring mattress to see how it would feel long term before I jump in with both feet and make the full commitment. Do you think that is a good idea, or would it not simulate how sleeping would be on a mattress that is entirely latex? Thanks in advance for your help!! :slight_smile:

Hi Grammy,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around West Palm Beach are listed in post #2 here.

Post #3 here and the adjustable bed thread it links to should be helpful and also includes some online sources that you can use for price comparisons.

Yes … latex is very flexible and will do well on an adjustable bed but no matter which type of support system you are using under a mattress it’s also important to make sure that the mattress itself is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) regardless of what is underneath it because some latex mattresses may work perfectly for you and yet others may not be a good match for you and be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on depending on the design of the mattress. If you haven’t already … I would also make sure you’ve read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible mattress choice … regardless of whether you choose an adjustable bed underneath it.

Every layer and component of a sleeping system will affect all the others that are above and below it and how the combination “as a whole” feels and performs. A topper can be a good choice for a mattress that is too firm to add some additional softness and pressure relief as long as the mattress is still in very good condition and has no soft spots or impressions. It’s not a good way to “fix” a mattress that has virtual or visible impressions or soft spots or is too soft already because the topper will just follow the soft spots under the mattress (see post #4 here).

If the only issue with your mattress is that it’s too firm and needs some additional softness and pressure relief and it’s still in very good condition with no soft spots or sagging then a topper can be a good idea and the information in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can help you make the best possible topper choice.

The type of mattress and the combination of materials that works best for each person or that they may prefer depends on the person themselves and their individual needs and preferences. For some people an innerspring/latex hybrid may be the best choice and for others an all latex mattress may be their best choice and for others yet some other type of mattress that uses completely different materials may work best for them. There is more about latex/polyfoam hybrids vs an all latex mattress in post #2 here and a some of the differences between latex and innerspring support cores in post #2 here but “theory” is never a good way to choose a mattress unless your own personal testing or experience has confirmed which type of mattress you tend to do best with or prefer.

Phoenix