Requesting mattress help in south florida

Hi EZ4HZ,

[quote]You said stretch knight cotton is good and less detectable so I was thinking the the jersey one that also has a membrane.

Organic Cotton Jersey by Gotcha Covered

I do want a cotton one without a membrane if that means there’s a higher chance it’ll have even less effect to the feel of the mattress than the membrane one but full on cotton ones (without a membrane) I’ve looked at are SO expensive ($200 or more).[/quote]

The protector you linked has a polyurethane backing which is the membrane that makes it waterproof. The cotton jersey would be stretchy and the membrane would have some stretch to it as well but protectors with the membranes aren’t as breathable as a cotton fabric so there are some people that tend to sleep a little warmer with the membrane type of protectors.

[quote]Most of the cotton-knit protectors you recommended are organic which is not a requirement of mine. Do you have any other in mind that have a good reputation and have minimal effect on the feel of the mattress.

You know what else I’m really floored by–how much MORE expensive the cotton ones are. This was a shocker to me since they provide the LEAST amount of protection.[/quote]

Most manufacturers that make a knit cotton protector tend to use organic cotton which is a fairly costly material (thicker fabrics are also more costly than thinner fabrics) because cotton is the most heavily sprayed crop on earth and most people that tend to choose a cotton protector want some assurance that the cotton is pesticide free. The mattress protector post includes all the knit cotton options I’m aware of (although of course the list may not be complete) and there aren’t as many different choices with these types of protectors as there are with the membrane type of protectors which are made by many more companies and are the most popular type of mattress protector.

There has been some good forum feedback on the Cozy Pure protector and the Suite Sleep protector and the European Sleep Designs protector (which off the top of my head may be the least costly at $189 for a king size).

Jersey is one of several types of knit fabrics (vs woven fabrics). They are all “stretchy” but some types of knits are more stretchy than others or stretch well in multiple directions rather than just in a single direction.

Phoenix