Restava Pearl Gel or Novosbed Harmony

Hi, I’m a new member here and could use some help please. Mattress choices are difficult! Both my wife and I are side sleepers, on the thin-medium size, I’m 170lbs, she’s 145lbs or so. I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back, L5 & L4, and have had 4 surgeries to date, 3 on L5 and most recent (March) 1 on L4. I tend to fall asleep on my side but seem to almost always wake up on my stomach, I know it’s not ideal but I can’t help it. I have narrowed down my choices to either the Restava Pearl Gel or the Novosbed Harmony (or Aria maybe). I will be ordering a foundation as well, King size mattress. I can save approximately $240 or so by ordering from Restava with the discount. But I want to order the best of the two, money & discount notwithstanding. Does anyone have any input or suggestions? I’m open to other options as well but would like to keep the price around $1600 or lower. Please help!

Hi jonner,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the mattress shopping tutorial which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices either locally or online. It also includes a link to a list of the better online memory foam retailers and manufacturers that I’m aware of (which includes both Restava and Novosbed).

You are looking at two good online manufacturers but I would make sure you have a more detailed conversation on the phone with each of them so they can give you some guidance about which of their mattresses would have the best chance of being a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). When you can’t test a mattress in person then the best source of guidance is a knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer that puts your interests above their own and who will know more about “matching” their mattresses to different body types, sleeping styles, and preferences than anyone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I am also still waiting for Restava to call me back to clarify some of the information that was brought up in posts #20 to #23 here.

Once you have narrowed down your finalists to choices between “good and good” and there are no clear winners between them then which of your final choices is the “best value” for you will depend on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (see post #2 here).

They both compare their mattresses to mattresses that are made by larger manufacturers and that are widely available so I would also make sure you have done some local testing on the equivalent mattresses so you have a better sense of which of ones are likely be the best match for you in terms of PPP.

Phoenix