Restonic Healthrest latex vs Serra icomfort savant

HELP!!! I’m looking to purchase a new mattress. I felt pretty confident in choosing the Serra but just found out about this mattress called restonic Healthrest emerald, I can’t seem to find much info on it and just wanted to get an opinion or two about both of them.

I will be buying a solid king with a foot and head power adjustable base.

Thanks for your help there is more info in this forum than I can handle, it’s amazing!!

Hi Rlo10mo,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us before making a choice between the two mattresses you are considering.

The best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly can help you know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

Outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) … the most important part of the value of a mattress is it’s durability and a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

I would avoid all the major brands (such as Simmons, Sealy, or Serta) or any other mattress that uses lower quality or “unknown” materials in the comfort layers especially which could be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability (see the guidelines here). No matter how it may feel in a showroom … if you purchase a mattress that uses lower quality and less durable materials that would be a weak link in the mattress then they can soften or break down and you may need to replace the mattress much too quickly relative to the price you paid because the premature loss of the comfort and support which was the reason you purchased the mattress isn’t covered by mattress warranties (see post #174 here).

For the Restonic Healthrest Emerald you are considering … if you can find out the information listed in this article from your retailer or the manufacturer and post it on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials inside it and the mattress as a whole and let you know if I can see any obvious weak links in the mattress that would be a cause for concern or a reason to avoid it. Without this information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality and durability of a mattress and if a retailer or manufacturer is either unable or unwilling to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice then I would pass the mattress by.

Phoenix