Roma mattress for a stomach sleeper?

I can’t believe I’m mattress shopping again, but I’m in agony. I’m wondering if the Roma is a good match for me as a stomach sleeper that also flips to my back. Here’s some background info.

I live in an RV, in Mexico, and sleep crazy hot - which is why I love Latex. I’ve had some great all latex brands over the years, but then I tried a couple hybrids that were too soft and hurt me. I then went to a “firm” all spring mattress I bought in Mexico that is a rock hard torture device.

The weight of the bed can also be an issue if I’m not careful, as there is storage and an access point that I have to be able to get to under the bed.

I’m 57, 195 lbs, and “top heavy” so to speak - and I sleep on my stomach. I need some cushioning or it’s like having a mammogram every night… sigh…

I know all the reasons I prefer latex - but two different attempts with a hybrid just didn’t work. I’m not sure if it was the hybrid concept in general, or just the execution.

The Roma sounds interesting in having the two sides to try - although I wonder if the medium side would be just too soft for a stomach sleeper at my weight?

Hello and thanks for the inquiry! We normally recommend the firmer side of the Roma for stomach sleepers UNDER 185 pounds, so there’s a chance the Roma turns out to be too soft for you. Of course there’s a chance it’s your perfect mattress, but I can’t say with certainty in advance whether or not it would work for you. My thought it that it’s a bit of a risk, though.

1 Like

Thank you. Do you have another model that you recommend for a stomach sleeper like me? I was also looking in your RV section but couldn’t tell what the firmness was.

Really the only mattresses I’d recommend from us would be the 10" natural latex mattress with medium Dunlop over medium Dunlop over firm Dunlop, or the 10" organic latex mattress with medium Talalay over medium Dunlop over firm Dunlop.

1 Like

Thank you, sorry - was traveling. Could you also please tell me which firmness level you use in the 3" Dunlop layer of the RV Mattress? We have another trailer that needs a mattress and I believe the use of the foam for the base layer lightens the weight of the mattress, correct?

Hi again and I’m so sorry for the delayed response! It’s 3" of soft Dunlop, and yes, the man-made foam lightens up the mattress, for sure.