Royal Bedding, Pelham Alabama

My wife and I have made our minds and changed our minds several times regarding which mattress to buy. We have had about all we can stand from this 7 year old mattress we have. We want to visit Royal Bedding which is about 50 miles from us and check out their latex mattresses. I understand they manufacture them themselves and seem to take pride in their product. Thought we would check with you first and see if you could give us a heads up on the owners and their product. The “Mountain Top Desire” looks to be something we might be interested in just looking at their options for latex.

Hi back2back,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

[quote]We want to visit Royal Bedding which is about 50 miles from us and check out their latex mattresses. see if you could give us a heads up on the owners and their product. The “Mountain Top Desire” looks to be something we might be interested in just looking at their options for latex.
[/quote]

I think highly of Tom and Royal Bedding in terms of their knowledge and service and the quality/value of their mattresses and I would certainly make a point of including them in your consideration.

Royal Bedding uses a blended continuous pour latex made by Mountaintop Foam that is a durable material.

I’ll be interested to learn about your visit and any mattress-buying decisions you make.

Phoenix

Will let you know how it goes and what we decide. Hope to go during the holidays. Thanks for the link to MTF.

Hi back2back,

I hope your visit goes well. I’m glad you found the link useful.

Phoenix

I apologize for not coming back with a report sooner. I meant to wait a few months so I could report after having slept on this long enough to know if it would perform as expected, just didn’t mean to be this long. I’m a bit of a procrastinator.

We made the trip to visit Royal Bedding and decided on 2 mountain select twin long mattresses with Reverie adjustable bases. These are pushed together to make as one bed, but are separate mattresses. These are two sided mattresses that can be flipped of turned, and being smaller has made it very easy to flip. I had mine made with one side firm, and the other side medium. Still not sure if I like one more than the other. They are both comfortable to me.

I am 6’1 tall and weigh 250lbs. I have had some lower back issues for the last 25 years, and I believe the adjustable frame was money well spent. When I raise my legs, and head slightly, it really seems to take some of the pressure off my back. I have been very pleased so far with the quality of sleep I’m getting, and there are no sinkholes to deal with like our old mattress. We knew after 2 months we had made a bad decision when we bought the old set, which is why I wanted to wait awhile before giving a report on this one.

We are both very happy with the purchase we made this time. We had not intended to spend as much in getting the adjustable base, but I’m glad we did. We also got pillows which they also make themselves from the same latex as the mattress and have been delighted with them as well!

I would highly recommend latex as the way to go if a good quality material can be found. I would not hesitate to make the same purchase again when needed. I don’t expect that will be anytime soon. Thank you for this informative site! I believe if not for being able to use it for our research, we would likely have made another regretful purchase. I hope the report I’ve given will be of help to someone else.

Hi back2back,

Thank you for taking the time for a follow-up post - I appreciate it!

I’m glad that you are happy with your Royal Bedding mattress and your Reverie power bases. I’m glad that they have made a difference with your lower back pains. And it’s good that you also addressed your pillows.

I hope you’ll be able to share your experiences with your mattresses in the future.

Phoenix