Saatva mattress review and analysis

Hi riley,

[quote]Hi Phoenix. No I was given no other option other than pay the extra money, get a new mattress and they told me even while I was still on the phone they would not charge me for shipping…but you saw on the email receipt where $149 was applied to my CC. At this point I don’t think I have many options as getting any money back.

Yes the mattress was defective as it did not stand up to normal use for even 5months. It was sagging on each side at barely 2months of use. I have no idea about how they worded anything to me on the telephone, other than telling me this is the best they would do. I was given the option of a little bit of money back & keep the bad mattress or pay the extra chgs and they would send me a new one.[/quote]

There is a specific criteria for a defective mattress which is that the visible impressions are measured to be more than the warranty exclusion (which in their case is 1.5" which is fairly standard in the industry). If the visible impressions are less than this (based on an actual measurement) then your mattress wouldn’t be considered to be defective. If your visible impressions are more than this then it would be considered to be defective. This is a “standard” industry warranty that would apply to almost all manufacturers in the industry (see post #174 here about mattress warranties).

If you believe that your mattress is defective (the visible impressions are more than 1.5") then I would ask them about a warranty replacement since according to the information on their site there would be no charge if your mattress was defective in the first two years. The “worst case” would be that the visible impressions weren’t deep enough to qualify as a warranty issue.

If you have something in writing about not being charged for shipping then you also have the option of disputing the credit card charge as well. Their “normal” exchange costs are $95 per piece plus shipping although this would normally apply if you were exchanging a mattress inside their trial period and after that your only option would normally be a warranty exchange unless they make an exception which may be what is happening in your case. Either way if I was in your shoes I would want clarity about why the charges are different from what is on their website.

Phoenix