Saatva mattresses

Do you know if the Saatva mattresses are as good and as good a value as they market on the web?

Hi valleyrose,

You can read more of my thoughts about Saatva in post #1 here and a forum search on Saatva (you can just click the link) will bring up much more information and feedback about them as well.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which is relative to the criteria that each person may have in post #13 here but overall … I would say they would be in a “better than average” quality/value range compared to most mainstream choices but not in the “best” quality/value range for most of the people that are members of this site who are much more familiar with all the other options (online and locally) that are available to them.

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … I would start with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix

Thanks for your response - actually I have read the essentials in your site (glazed eyes and sore neck :-), and appreciate so much the information you have given!! I am leaning toward a foam mattress and am investigating beds from Rocky Mountain and Dream Foam Bedding. Sunday I went to local Sleep Train and tried out conventional and Tempurpedic mattresses. I preferred the Tempurpedic feel and will probably go the foam route. Thanks again!!

Hi valleyrose,

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any questions or comments you may have along the way :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
I decided to go with Dream Foam Bedding - the “Ultimate Dream” latex mattress, with the three inch Taladay latex top comfort layer. I chose a level 7 softness for this layer. You can choose softness level from a 1 to 10 scale where 1 is the firmest and 10 the softest. This layer is over their 6 inch 1.5 lb HD Poly Foam base. I am a young senior :slight_smile: , 5’ 3" and weigh 115 lbs and am a side sleeper. Their delivery time from Phoenix, AZ is stated to be between 5-7 days to Northern California. I spoke with Chuck and he was very helpful and nice. I feel good about my choice - after checking out almost all the companies’ websites listed in your post to Jmoss. I can’t remember which post it was. You included both members and non members as recommendations. I will let you know how it works out.

Thanks!

Hi valleyrose,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great quality/value choice … and I’m looking forward to your feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix