Seamless California King Natural Talalay Latex Topper Available?

Hi, everyone! I’m so glad I found this site. It’s been a great wealth of information.

Phoenix, I would love to know more about your history in the mattress industry and/or where your interest on the topic originated. Your detailed knowledge is impressive.

My husband and I are considering a topper for a CalKing mattress that is too firm (for me) but is in otherwise great condition. After researching various options, I think we have nearly settled on a natural talalay latex topper, 3" of medium firmness. In reading about latex production on this site and others, it was my understanding that all talalay products would have a seam somewhere on the product in a CalKing size. Since a seam appeared inevitable, we called a few manufacturers to inquire about where the seam would be and to see if it would be possible to get a CalKing in the form of 2 Twin XL pieces unglued so there is no noticable hardness from the glue (as others have experienced) and to allow for the ability to more easily modify our individual comfort layers down the road should the need arise. In calling around, the FlexusComfort rep stated their CalKing toppers are all one piece. It is not my intenet to doubt them, they seem to be a reputable company, but I’m in a bit of disbelief as even 1 piece Queen and Full toppers seem generally hard to come by (requiring special order/instruction) and I only know of one other company that apparently has available a 1 piece King. Could someone confirm whether or not a 1 piece CalKing talalay latex topper is indeed available from this company or others?

Thanks for your time!

Hi J.A.

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … I’m glad you found us.

You can read a little more about why I started the site in post #404 here and some of the history behind it in post #4 here.

I suspect that they may have misunderstood your question and probably thought that you were asking about buying two twin XL toppers for a split king topper vs having a single king size topper that was all one piece (ADDED: I called Henry at Flexus just to make sure and he confirmed that all of their king size Talalay layers have a glue seam)

The largest mold size for Talalay latex is queen size so anything larger than that would have a glue seam (see post #2 here).

Phoenix