Searching for a latex mattress, Edmonton Canada

Hi,
we are looking to get a latex or latex over foam mattress - king size. We live in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
Visited a few showrooms (mattressmattress,Ikea, sleepcounty), but still undecided.
Also found a latex over foam mattress on Amazon(its from dreamfoam, but it says out of stock now) . Found the price to be attractive compared to the options found in show rooms near us.
One of the reviewers said the manufacturer changed the core foam density from 2.35lb to 1.5 lb.
Question: What difference does this make to quality /life of the mattress ?

After going thru this very informative forum/website, now looking at some of the online retailers in US (Sleep Ez, brooklyn bedding). Some the prices /options seem quite attractive. Will be calling a few over the next few days to see whether they will ship to us and how much would it add to the cost.

Thanks

Hi vj321,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the mattress shopping tutorial which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Mattress reviews (either positive or negative) that are written by people that don’t have a great deal of knowledge or experience about mattresses and materials can be among the worst ways to assess the quality or value of a mattress (see post #13 here) and I would be very cautious about how much you rely on them. You can see my comments about the change (which was long ago) and the particular review you are probably referring to in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

If you are considering this mattress I would also consider ordering it from the Dreamfoam website instead of Amazon because they have a 45 day comfort guarantee and they are also offering a 10% discount at the moment (see their facebook page here).

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Edmonton area (subject to following the steps and guidelines in the tutorial post) are listed in post #136 here.

Post #21 here also includes a list of some of the better online manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of that ship across Canada.

Phoenix

Phoenix,
Thanks for your detailed response. I will read thru the threads pointed out.
Looks like we have more options locally than what I had thought before.

Rgds
Vj

Hi vj321,

You certainly have some good options available to you either locally or online and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way :slight_smile:

Phoenix