Seeking Firm Mattress Recommendations

Hi kklt,
Welcome to TMU,
I have the plank luxe. Yes it is firm and quite frankly one of the best mattresses I have slept on.Private manufacturers aside. This is probably the best firm online mattress you will find. The big fig is a firm one as well, but many have said it is rough on side sleepers. I am 6’ 217 (used to be 245/50ish), my wife is 5’4 130-5. We were coming off an 11 year old sealy posturepedic ultra firm pillowtop. It did not compare to the plank luxe. We just love this mattress. It has been about a year now. I am quite certain any of our trusted manufactures (Manufacturer-Retail Stores :: The Mattress Underground) here at TMU could duplicate the plank luxe or something even firmer, with even higher quality foams. I bought mine from an authorized dealer in san diego, and I am on the east coast, if interested I can forward the information. If you like a firm comfortable mattress this is a winner in my book. Very simple two sided design. 13.5 gauge pocketed coils with 1.8lb HD foam, .75" quilted cover, some glaciotex cooling cover sewn into the cover/panel and done. Works like a charm. Nothing that any of the manufacturers here couldn’t do, but BB does it well. Probably their best mattress. I tried a variety of the main players, BR, S&F, Aireloom, Shifman, TP, and a few more. This had the best cost to quality and performance of all of them. If you have any questions, happy to answer them. Good luck on your search! Oh, get ready to change your pillows. You sleep on the surface of the mattress, not sunken in, therefore you will need to have pillows that have enough loft for your occasional side sleeping. I have written about my pillow saga elsewhere on TMU Pillows. We can walk you through that if necessary too.

2 Likes