Select Foam

Hi All,

We just purchased a Cirrus Luxe ES 13" which arrived this week. My initial impressions are:

1. Initial Experience - The bed feels much firmer than expected and there is little “memory” in the memory foam. The foam bounces back like I would expect regular foam like in a sofa cushion would. I recognize that it needs to break in but am struggling to see how the characteristics will change so much over the next 30-90 days and then be stable for the next 10+ years. I can definitely see where MrSanRamon notes that his memory foam bed feels the same as a traditional mattress because my wife and I feel the same way right now given the firmness and lack of memory foam characteristics. We really hope this will change and will take all the steps we can to assist the break in (remove the wool cover, walk on it, etc) but right now our sleep quality is below what it was with our old mattress.

2. Shipping, assembly, misc - The bed arrived sooner than promised with the frame and foundation coming a few days before the mattress. Assembly is pretty simple though the instructions could certainly use a little beefing up. As noted in other reviews, the foundation looks a bit underwhelming given the $400 price (though they then give you it free as a promotion). The wood quality is a bit rough and in some cases there were splits and minor cosmetic defects. It looks much better once you put on the cover and it seems stable enough but I think I would have looked for a different foundation if I were to do this over again. You should note that I was told that the frame and foundation are not returnable though they are covered under the warranty. I haven’t dug into that yet but that is what I was told. Frame is had some minor dings/scratching as the box damaged a bit in shipping (as was the foundation box).

In summary, impressed with shipping time and phone support, underwhelmed with foundation quality and shipping boxes but can live with that if the mattress experience really improves as would love to be a happy customer as many others have written up. Keeping fingers crossed for the next few weeks.

Wasn’t aware that the Aurora had a fire sock, not sure how to find it or remove it. I guess I’ll need to read thru a few threads to figure it out. And if it’s not too difficult, I may try this.

One comment I’d like to make is that when I contacted Juan Quintero at Select Foam about 2 or 3 weeks ago to see if there is another topper piece I could get (the Aurora has a 2 inch comfort layer), hopefully thicker than the current 2 inch piece, I was told I’d have to pay for it. So, I’m a little disturbed by that, I guess they’d rather I send it back than to try to help fix it.

By the way, this morning both the selectfoam and brickellmattress web sites are non-responsive.

Robert

Well the web sites are both back up and running.

I ordered my mattress on January 15, so I need to probably start the shipping back process, if I decide to do so on April 2. So I’ve got about 4 weeks to get this worked out.

I really wish they would ship me a thicker comfort layer. I think that would make the mattress a lot plusher. I think a 3" layer would fit.

After sleeping on the mattress for about 6 weeks I’m pretty sure it’s the “2.5” 5.3lb Soy SELECT™ GelFoam Support Layer" that is the really firm part of the mattress. The 2" 7.2lb Soy SELECT-HD™ Gel Memory Foam comfort layer is very nice.

Just not sure how the 7.2# foam is softer than the 5.3# foam.

Robert

Hi MrSanRamon,

[quote]I really wish they would ship me a thicker comfort layer. I think that would make the mattress a lot plusher. I think a 3" layer would fit.

One comment I’d like to make is that when I contacted Juan Quintero at Select Foam about 2 or 3 weeks ago to see if there is another topper piece I could get (the Aurora has a 2 inch comfort layer), hopefully thicker than the current 2 inch piece, I was told I’d have to pay for it. So, I’m a little disturbed by that, I guess they’d rather I send it back than to try to help fix it.[/quote]

I’m not sure I understand why you would be disturbed by paying for a additional layer or any additional product that wasn’t part of your original purchase. Their mattresses aren’t a component mattress designed with exchangeable comfort layers and a thicker comfort layer would also need a different cover so you would need to exchange the whole mattress rather than just a layer. Like most memory foam mattresses the layers are also glued so they can’t be exchanged for something different. They do sell toppers for those who want more thickness/softness on top of their mattress.

The relative softness and response of memory foam is because of the chemical formulation not because of the density. Tempurpedic’s 7 lb memory foam is also softer than their 5.3 lb memory foam. There is more about the many differences between different types of memory foam in post #9 here and post #8 here.

All you would need to do is call them on the phone. It’s apparently very simple and some of the forum members have said it made a significant difference with issues similar to yours.

Phoenix

[quote=“hwuya” post=33540]Hi All,

We just purchased a Cirrus Luxe ES 13" which arrived this week. My initial impressions are:

1. Initial Experience - The bed feels much firmer than expected and there is little “memory” in the memory foam. The foam bounces back like I would expect regular foam like in a sofa cushion would. I recognize that it needs to break in but am struggling to see how the characteristics will change so much over the next 30-90 days and then be stable for the next 10+ years. I can definitely see where MrSanRamon notes that his memory foam bed feels the same as a traditional mattress because my wife and I feel the same way right now given the firmness and lack of memory foam characteristics. We really hope this will change and will take all the steps we can to assist the break in (remove the wool cover, walk on it, etc) but right now our sleep quality is below what it was with our old mattress.

2. Shipping, assembly, misc - The bed arrived sooner than promised with the frame and foundation coming a few days before the mattress. Assembly is pretty simple though the instructions could certainly use a little beefing up. As noted in other reviews, the foundation looks a bit underwhelming given the $400 price (though they then give you it free as a promotion). The wood quality is a bit rough and in some cases there were splits and minor cosmetic defects. It looks much better once you put on the cover and it seems stable enough but I think I would have looked for a different foundation if I were to do this over again. You should note that I was told that the frame and foundation are not returnable though they are covered under the warranty. I haven’t dug into that yet but that is what I was told. Frame is had some minor dings/scratching as the box damaged a bit in shipping (as was the foundation box).

In summary, impressed with shipping time and phone support, underwhelmed with foundation quality and shipping boxes but can live with that if the mattress experience really improves as would love to be a happy customer as many others have written up. Keeping fingers crossed for the next few weeks.[/quote]

hwuya, I see I’m not the only one to notice the very much non-memory foam feel of the foam in the Cirrus Luxe. I did a little research, and am pretty sure the reason is due to the soy and/or gel based memory foam. Other stores that sell mattresses that use foam of this type usually mention that these materials usually result in a much faster response time. Personally, I like the fast response time better, but I do question if this foam will be able to provide as much pressure relief as the Tempurpedic foam. My husband hasn’t yet decided if this foam provides the pain/pressure relief he was hoping for in getting a memory foam bed. We’ve had our Cirrus Luxe for almost a month, and I don’t think it’s softened much. I don’t expect it to change to a slow response form at all.

Hi bluebug,

You’re certainly right that most of the gel memory foams have a faster response than some of the non gel memory foams (especially higher density although the non gel memory foams also have a fairly wide range of response times).

In general the newer memory foams tend to have a faster response time because so many people didn’t like the motion restriction and “sleeping in sand” feel of slower response memory foams (which along with sleeping temperature was the biggest complaint about memory foam). You’re also right that these faster response memory foams won’t “change” into slower response memory foam over time although they will soften as they break in (and higher density memory foam can take longer to break in than lower density memory foams).

The response time of memory foam (or any foam) doesn’t affect pressure relief though which is mostly controlled by the softness of the material, the thickness of the comfort layers, the compression modulus of the foam (how quickly it gets firmer with deeper compression), and the point resilience of the material (how well it contours to the shape of the body). Even latex for example can provide the same pressure relief as memory foam even though it’s a very resilient and fast responding material with no “memory” at all. There is more about the variables that can affect pressure relief in post #4 here and there is a much more detailed and technical discussion of pressure relief in post #2 here.

There are also a few suggestions in post #2 here that can affect the softness or pressure relief of a new memory foam mattress and in the case of Select Foam removing the wool sock can also make a difference.

You are certainly not alone in commenting on the faster response of most of the newer gel memory foams.

Phoenix

Does anyone know of Select Foam is Certipur Certified ?

As for the firm 5.3 lb foam. I love it. I have had bad experience with soft memory foam personally. But that’s just my experience .

Hi The_brooke,

Their foam is manufactured by a North American CertiPur certified foam manufacturer but they themselves are not CertiPur certified as a mattress manufacturer (even though they use CertiPur certified foams). You can see the list of certified mattress manufacturers here and the list of certified foam manufacturers here.
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: certipur.us/pages/for-consumers/find-products/ | Archived Footprint 2: certipur.us/pages/for-industry/find-a-foam-supplier/

Phoenix

Hi bluebug, thanks for your reply. I’m sorry to hear that your bed hasn’t softened up much. I hope that ours will at some point as otherwise, it is a pretty big stretch to say that this is comparable to the Cloud Luxe experience as we neither sink in much nor feel that soft enveloping “cloud” of comfort.

Phoenix, I’ll read up on the links you provided but right now, it is pretty hard to distinguish the memory foam from some of the regular foam/latex we have tried. Again this is all in the context of needing to break in our bed but bluebug’s experience plays a bit to our concerns. We have been walking on our mattress a fair amount and have just removed the wool sock.

Will report back on our experience down the road.

Cheers,

Hi hwuya,

The posts I linked should be helpful and you are still early in the break in and adjustment period (which will affect every new memory foam mattress) but I would also make sure that you talk with Select Foam if you have any questions or concerns about your mattress because they can also tell you more about what to expect as you sleep on it longer or offer suggestions that may be helpful.

I’m looking forward to your feedback over the next few weeks.

Phoenix

We’ve had our Cirrus Luxe for a little over a month. My husband and I both felt it wasn’t softening quickly enough, so we took the advice here and tried removing both the fire sock and cover. It definitely feels much different (softer and more conforming) without the cover. After sleeping on it one night like that, we both agreed that we actually liked it less than we did with the cover on. We both thought the bed slept way too hot, and my husband thought it wasn’t supportive enough - which was one of his concerns about getting a very soft bed.

We then tried putting the cover back on, but leaving the fire sock off. The bed still seemed a little warmer than ideal, and the amount of conformity/softness was in between having both layers on and both layers off.

Also, a couple of observations when inspecting the memory foam with the cover off. Touching the foam directly, it definitely seems like it has the conforming properties of memory foam, just with a quicker response. I also noticed that with our bed, there is 3" of 4 lb density foam and 1.5" of the 8 lb density foam, when the advertised specs say 2.5" of 4 lb and 2" of 8 lb. I found this kind of disappointing, since the 8 lb foam feels like it performs more like the Tempurpedic foam than the 4 lb gel foam. I’m wondering if the bed would feel any different/better had we gotten one that had specs that matched the web site.

Overall, the jury’s still out on whether or not this is the bed for us. Regardless of whether or not we decide to keep it, we’ve definitely learned some about our likes/dislikes in a sleep surface from having had it.

Hi bluebug,

[quote]We’ve had our Cirrus Luxe for a little over a month. My husband and I both felt it wasn’t softening quickly enough, so we took the advice here and tried removing both the fire sock and cover. It definitely feels much different (softer and more conforming) without the cover. After sleeping on it one night like that, we both agreed that we actually liked it less than we did with the cover on. We both thought the bed slept way too hot, and my husband thought it wasn’t supportive enough - which was one of his concerns about getting a very soft bed.

We then tried putting the cover back on, but leaving the fire sock off. The bed still seemed a little warmer than ideal, and the amount of conformity/softness was in between having both layers on and both layers off.[/quote]

Taking the cover off would certainly affect the feel and performance of the mattress and it would also eliminate any cooling effect of the cover and put you in more direct contact with the memory foam so it’s not surprising that it would affect your sleeping temperature. I would only remove the fire sock because a mattress needs a cover. The fire sock will also affect how much you sink into the mattress and how well the memory foam conforms to your body shape but there are always tradeoffs involved with any change and when you sink into memory foam more deeply then this can also affect sleeping temperature. There is more about the factors that can affect sleeping temperature in post #2 here and one of the variables is that softer mattresses where you sink in more deeply will generally be a little warmer than firmer mattresses where you don’t sink in as much if all the other factors involved in sleeping temperature are the same. Your mattress protector and your sheets and bedding can also play a significant role in sleeping temperature.

The higher density memory foam is actually 7.2 lbs see here which was changed from the 8 lb memory foam they were using because their testing indicated it was a better foam and had a better “feel”. Some parts of their site such as here don’t reflect the change. They would be equivalent to each other in terms of quality/durability (once you are past about 6 lbs density or so with memory foam then the increased density has little effect on durability).
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: selectfoam.com/select-es-collection.html| Archived Footprint 2:selectfoam.com/cirrus-luxe-es.html

Of greater concern to me though is the difference in the thickness of each layer. The layer thicknesses that are listed on the site are supposed to be correct (and I’ve confirmed this with them) so if your mattress has layers that are out of spec then either your mattress is an anomaly or their supplier is not making the mattress with the correct specs. I would call and talk with them and send them a picture that includes a measuring tape showing the thickness of each layer (and you are welcome to post the picture here as well) so that if your continuing experience indicates that you aren’t happy with the mattress once you have given it a little more time (and followed any of the other suggestions they gave you when you talked with them on the phone which is always the first step before making any changes) that you can start all over again with a mattress that has the correct specs. If your continuing experience with the mattress without the fire sock or as it breaks in more indicates that you are happy with your mattress and you would like to keep it then I would also talk with them about a small refund to make up for the changed specs.

I’m looking forward to your updates over time :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Well, a couple of things…

The Aurora has a comfort layer that is separate from the rest of the mattress and is not attached in any way except via the zippered compartment on the top of the mattress. This comfort layer can be removed with a simple unzipping of that top section and pulling it out.

Your statement about why would they not charge me for a new comfort layer…

They have a comfort guarantee and if I’m not satisfied they will take the mattress back and refund ALL of my money; and I don’t pay shipping.

So my question to you is, why wouldn’t they do something relatively inexpensive to satisfy me rather than take a mattress back? The idea that I should pay for a new topper but they will take the mattress back (for free), is well ludicrous.

Also, don’t representatives from SelectFoam read these posts about their product(s)? I’d be surprised if they didn’t and I’m equally surprised when they don’t comment, given all of the questions asked about their product(s) here. Essentially you have become their representative & spokesperson.

We started sleeping on the Aurora mattress on 2/1/2014, so that’s about a month and a half. The assessment is the following…

1. The mattress is firmer than expected
  2. The mattress is much hotter than expected
  3. The response from SelectFoam is less helpful than we expected…and if I wanted to return it I sense that I would be given a hassle, prior to them taking it back
  4. The mattress feel is similar to our previous pillow top mattress, and somewhat more enveloping
  5. The mattress is somewhat more comfortable than the pillow top mattress
  6. My shoulder has less pain in the morning when I sleep on my side compared to the pillow top mattress
  7. It was a little more comfortable to sleep on my stomach on the pillow top mattress than sleeping on the Aurora
  8. The Aurora mattress has softened only slightly in the 6 weeks since we started sleeping on it.

Robert

Hi MrSanRamon,

[quote]The Aurora has a comfort layer that is separate from the rest of the mattress and is not attached in any way except via the zippered compartment on the top of the mattress. This comfort layer can be removed with a simple unzipping of that top section and pulling it out.

Your statement about why would they not charge me for a new comfort layer…

They have a comfort guarantee and if I’m not satisfied they will take the mattress back and refund ALL of my money; and I don’t pay shipping.

So my question to you is, why wouldn’t they do something relatively inexpensive to satisfy me rather than take a mattress back? The idea that I should pay for a new topper but they will take the mattress back (for free), is well ludicrous.[/quote]

My comments were about consumer expectations in general and my belief about whether expecting any manufacturer to send a customer something that they didn’t pay for was a “reasonable expectation”. While a manufacturer may agree to do something that a customer asks as an exception … I don’t see any reason that saying no (for any reason that they feel necessary) would be a reason to be upset when they are willing to accept the return of the mattress as an alternative. Most manufacturers are well aware that anything they do can set a precedent and end up being an expectation for the next customer and this type of exception would be so easy to abuse that sending out a free topper at no charge could be a very risky because any consumer can then use the precedent as a way to add a free topper to their purchase because “you did it for them … why not me as well”. I think that the most “reasonable” approach is for both a consumer and a manufacturer to “expect” that everyone involved in a purchase lives up to the terms of their purchase agreement and that anything else is considered to be an exception where “best efforts” or solutions that everyone agrees is in the best interests of everyone involved on both sides of a purchase but that aren’t part of the original agreement are appreciated but not “expected”.

As far as I know … and like some of the other manufacturers or retailers that are members here (and many that aren’t as well) they read some of the posts here but I doubt that they read all of them and some of the members may not have the time to visit the forum at all.

I certainly speak “about” the members here along with hundreds of other manufacturers or retailers that aren’t members here on a daily basis. Sharing information, and any thoughts and suggestions I may have helping to educate consumers in a very confusing and often frustrating industry is the main purpose of the forum and the reason I started it in the first place. Sharing my thoughts or opinions or speaking “about” them though certainly doesn’t mean that I speak “for” or “represent” any of them which certainly isn’t the case.

[quote]We started sleeping on the Aurora mattress on 2/1/2014, so that’s about a month and a half. The assessment is the following…

1. The mattress is firmer than expected
  2. The mattress is much hotter than expected
  3. The response from SelectFoam is less helpful than we expected…and if I wanted to return it I sense that I would be given a hassle, prior to them taking it back
  4. The mattress feel is similar to our previous pillow top mattress, and somewhat more enveloping
  5. The mattress is somewhat more comfortable than the pillow top mattress
  6. My shoulder has less pain in the morning when I sleep on my side compared to the pillow top mattress
  7. It was a little more comfortable to sleep on my stomach on the pillow top mattress than sleeping on the Aurora
  8. The Aurora mattress has softened only slightly in the 6 weeks since we started sleeping on it.[/quote]

I appreciate all the feedback that any member has the chance to share whether it is subjective, objective, or agrees or disagrees with anyone else that has purchased the same mattress. Each person’s experience is unique to them.

Of course the “ideal outcome” is that everyone is happy with the mattress they purchase but that certainly isn’t always the case and that’s were your foresight in choosing a mattress where you have good options available after a purchase can be important. Hopefully you will end up happy with your purchase but if you aren’t then you have the option to return it and if you and Select Foam agree that there is a better alternative that works for both of you then that would be even better yet :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Bluebug and Phoenix,

We just took took the wool cover off of our Cirrus Luxe mattress. This did seem to help on the softness front but we are still hoping it will soften up more though it has been about a month. I will say that we did notice that the foam layers weren’t as advertised either. I didn’t measure but once I get around to removing the cover again, I will do so and take a picture. Like Bluebug, the jury is still out for us as well as we still feel that the mattress is harder/firmer than expected and also a bit warmer with out the wool covering (a bit surprised on that).

I plan to call Select Foam once we get the measurements and a picture and circle back with updates as appropriate.

I thought about taking my mattress apart to see how it’s made, but then I asked myself to what end?

Would I return it, probably not.

But the thought of it not being to “spec” is troubling. If there are physical parts that one can easily see are not right, what about the parts that are not easily identifiable?

The idea that SelectFoam can say one thing in their ads and do something different later during manufacture, doesn’t fill me with much confidence about their product.

I have a feeling that in maybe a few years we may regret our purchases.

Robert

Hi MrSanRamon,

If a mattress you receive has thinner layers of the higher quality materials that are listed on the site then I think it would be reasonable to call them and discuss some type of benefit as compensation for the “missing” material if you decided to keep it anyway.

I completely agree that they need to clear up any of the mistakes on their site but if the mattress is a good match for you after the break in and adjustment period (about 90 days or so) that the odds are high that the mattress will maintain its comfort and support for many years (outside of reasons that a mattress may no longer be suitable for you over time that are not connected to the mattress) because they do use high quality and durable materials.

Phoenix

Time for another update.

We decided to return the Cirrus Luxe. The main reason was that we found it didn’t really have the characteristics we were looking for in a memory foam bed. It was showing no noticeable signs of softening over the month and a half we tried it, so we weren’t confident it would develop a “feel” or performance to our liking over time. If anything, I almost felt the bed was feeling firmer with time, though I highly doubt that was actually the case. I agree with what MrSanRamon and hwuya said about how the Select Foam beds feel more like plush innerspring mattresses, though with less motion transfer. Even though the cost of the bed was much less than expensive brands like Tempurpedic, we didn’t feel like it really gave us what we wanted for the price we paid.

I do think that the Select Foam beds are made of quality materials, and are very supportive. The bed just didn’t have the level of conformity and sink-in that we wanted. It seems to me that the foam that Select Foam uses is more “pressure sensitive” than “temperature sensitive,” so I wonder if heavier people who, like us, want a bed that offers a high degree of conformity/sink-in would like the Cirrus Luxe more than we did. (We are 125 and 155 lbs.)

As Phoenix recommended, I took a picture of a ruler next to the foam layers showing the discrepancy of layering compared to the specs on the Select Foam web site, and sent it to SF along with our return request. I didn’t hear any feedback from them regarding the discrepancy - maybe because we had already decided to return the bed - but hopefully that will give them information in case they need to change their manufacturing specs or the specs on their web site. I tried to attach the picture to this post, but am not getting attachments to work at the moment.

A few notes about the return process. Select Foam’s web site says they must receive the bed back by the end of the 90 day trial (which starts the day the order is placed), and to give them a 5 business day heads-up to arrange a pickup date. Based on our experience, I would recommend starting the return process 3-4 weeks before the end of the trial period. It was almost a week after we originally reached out and said we wanted to return it before they scheduled a pickup date, and then the pickup date got moved. So, assuming it the bed is picked up on time, it will be almost two weeks between when we first notified them that we wanted to return the bed and when it will be picked up.

We weren’t sure we wanted to try another online mattress purchase, since we have found we value the ability to try it in person first so we can have better assurance we are getting the “feel” we want without potentially going through the hassle of another return. So, we went a completely different direction and ended up buying a floor model Tempurpedic Rhapsody (fairly new and in excellent shape) from a local store. We are taking a risk, as there is no trial period with this mattress - but on the other hand, buying a floor model means that we’re getting exactly the same mattress we tried in the store and has already been through the break-in and off-gassing period. Because of the steep discount we got for buying a floor model, the Rhapsody (with sales tax) actually cost less than the Cirrus Luxe. I’m not sure I’d be as willing to go with Tempurpedic if we had to pay full price.

As a bonus, the store from which we purchased the Rhapsody gave us a complimentary mattress bag and box to use to ship back the Cirrus Luxe, which was highly appreciated.

We picked the Rhapsody because we thought it was both highly conforming and highly supportive, and seemed to be the bed equivalent of the Tempurpedic pillow my husband bought last fall and has really liked so far. The first few nights sleeping on it have gone well. I can confirm that the Tempurpedic foam is highly temperature sensitive, unlike the Cirrus Luxe. When I tried the Rhapsody in the store, or when I first get into it at night, it feels rock-hard and takes some time to “mold” to the body. When I change position shortly afterwards, it takes a little time to “mold” to my new body position. However, in the morning when I wake up, I notice the foam feels softer and is quicker to respond (similar to the Cirrus Luxe) due to the effect of several hours of body heat. I would say that our broken-in Rhapsody, in the morning, feels kind of similar to the Cloud Luxe that we had tried in the store.

I will also add that I’m a warm sleeper and don’t like to feel too hot at night, but haven’t noticed any issues with the Rhapsody or Cirrus Luxe being too hot. The weather is still relatively cold here in the Midwest, though our bedroom stays fairly toasty in the winter, so I’m not sure there will be as much seasonal temperature difference with the mattress.

I will also mention that before we decided to order the Cirrus Luxe, we had tried memory foam beds by a local manufacturer (recommended by this site) but didn’t find them to our liking, as they all had a thick quilted top, which really takes away from the memory foam “feel.” They also seemed to use a lot of 3 lb memory foam in their beds, which I understand is not recommended as it is too low density.

Hi bluebug,

Thanks for the update … and I’m sorry to hear that your mattress didn’t work out for you.

Of course the good news is that you had the foresight to choose a mattress that had a good return policy so there was little risk.

I’m also glad that you were able to find a good quality mattress that worked out well for you at a good price.

Once again … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Our date to return our Aurora is this week, but we have decided to keep it for a few reasons. The main reason is that we really don’t want to be without a bed, but we are not completely satisfied with the Aurora we received. But we are satisfied enough to keep it.

I just wish that it was a little more plush. It really hasn’t gotten any more plush after the first few days, and we’ve had the mattress now for about two months.

So if I was to give a review of the Aurora mattress it would be something like the following:

“The Aurora is a nice mattress and much cheaper than the Tempur-pedic equivalent, but it is not really equivalent to the Tempur-pedic mattress that select foam advertises. That is my main criticism of the Aurora mattress, it’s not really equivalent to the Tempur-pedic mattress that select foam compares it to. Don’t get me wrong, the Aurora is a nice mattress but if one expects it to be exactly like the Tempur-pedic Allura you may be disappointed.”

I love getting into bed at night, and I sleep pretty well on the Aurora, better than the old mattress. Perhaps after time the plushness will increase, but I don’t expect it to happen. I’m not sure if I would buy it again if I had it to do over again. I think next time I would try to get a more plush mattress equivalent from selectfoam. It just seems that people rate the mattresses as firmer than expected so as a general rule people may want to buy a somewhat more plush mattress from selectfoam to get something equivalent to what they’ve seen in a Tempur-pedic.

Robert