Select Foam

I have spent many many hours on this forum over the past week since I’ve discovered you and I have to say THANK YOU for creating this site. Phoenix, it is truly amazing all the information you have compiled here, AND have shared with the public… for FREE. I am so glad I found you and have learned so much! I especially appreciate your depth of knowledge and how well you’ve written it.

I also appreciate your membership list. After reading the forum and doing my own searches, I confidently ordered a couple of mattresses today from my green mattress.

This leads me to my question. I would like to know others’ experience with Select Foam. I know of course you highly recommend them and their website looks awesome (with lots of equally looking awesome reviews), but they’ve had a few complaints on the BBB and so I thought I’d ask. They’re so risk free (and low priced) that they almost feel too good to be true. I did do a search on the forum but thought maybe you’d already know of a few good posts, or maybe someone else would pipe up about their good (or bad) experience with the company.

Thank you!

Hi lesibly,

Congratulations on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

As you know I think very highly of Tim and My Green Mattress.

I’m not so sure I would put them in the “too good to be true” category and there are certainly other memory foam mattresses in a similar price range with similar materials and similar return options but like some of the other online merchants in the memory foam list and the other members of this site they compete well with the best in the industry.

They are also not a member of the Better Business Bureau which affects and lowers their rating there (or the rating of any business that is not a member) but it is gradually moving up over time and they only have 2 unresolved complaints which may not even be resolvable or reasonable or they may not even be aware of. You can see some comments about the BBB in post #3 and #4 here along with points #1 and #5 in this post by a forum member and in post #4 here.

Your mattress forum search on Select Foam would have brought up every post in the forum that mentions them (and there are more than I have the time to sort through individually to choose a few) and you will find a wide range of experiences that include both glowing feedback and some of the challenges they have faced over time. A random example of customers that are very happy are in this thread and some comments about some of the customer service issues that they have had from time to time are in post #2 here.

Overall … outside of any individual experiences … it’s fair to say that they are a good quality/value choice that like other manufacturers offer a free return policy that can significantly lower the risk of an online purchase.

Hopefully others will also see your post and share any of their experiences with you as well.

Phoenix

Hi Lesibly,

I like you have spent hours on this site researching and reading and very grateful for the information. My decision came down to a choice between the Cirrus Luxe at Select Foam and the Cool Luxe at Brooklyn Bedding. I decided to go with the Select Foam and at this time cannot speak to how the bed itself feels because I have yet to receive it. Unfortunately thus far the customer service has not been the best. I ordered the bed on Jan 2nd and was told I would receive it within about 10 days and that I would receive all tracking information in advance.

What I did receive about a week later was the foundation to the bed, which was surprising because I did not receive a tracking number and it was shorter than the 10 days. When I called on Jan 10th to inquire about the mattress itself I was told I should have received it and that they would check with the warehouse and call me back on 1/13/14 to advise of the status. I never received a call back so I called again this past week on 1/16/14. I was then informed that they were overwhelmed with orders at the first of the year and had delays in getting the mattresses out and that all orders should be going out no later than Wed1/22/14. I expressed concern that from a customer service perspective it would have been nice if they had kept their word from my call on 1/10/14 and called to tell me this. I was then informed that they would have never told me that they would have called me back on this matter. I further explained that at this point I had some concerns and doubts that I would even receive the tracking number for the mattress since I did not receive it for the foundation. I believe I spoke with Juan on this last call, and I informed him that I had spoken with Peter on Jan 10th and that he was the one who stated I would receive a call back. I was then told that I should address this with Peter. From a customer service standpoint I don’t think I should have to address it specifically with Peter but that if I am calling, whomever answers should be able to address my issues and concerns. At one point I was asked if I wanted to cancel the order. At the time I did not, what I wanted was the mattress and simply wanted to have a status on when I might be receiving it since it did not come as originally stated.

In hindsight now, I am leaning more towards canceling the order, as I am feeling less confident that 1) the mattress will come next week as stated , I will not get the tracking number as stated, and if there are further delays I don’t anticipate they would notify me. The point I tried to get across during the call was that a simple email or call notifying of the delay would have been sufficient from a customer service standpoint, and certainly would have eased my concerns.

I am highly disappointed as many of the things that Select Foam is now telling me they don’t do I got in writing via email by asking all of my questions up front prior to making a purchase. As I explained to Juan the other day, if these are things you don’t do, the perhaps you should inform the staff there not to put it in writing. I believe from other posts on here the quality of their mattresses are good, but this kind of customer service does not make me feel comfortable if I should have issues later. I even stated that I planned to provide feedback on this site with experience so far and the response I got back was “ok” and and just a reiteration of the high volume of orders. I explained on the phone that I truly understand if they got overwhelmed with orders, especially this time of year but that the same way you called and followed up with me before I placed the order, should be the same afterwards if something changes. If I don’t hear anything by Monday or Tuesday 1/22 I will cancel and order from Brooklyn Bedding.

It was overwhelming enough to research all of this before the purchase and to now deal with subpar customer service is a bit much. I will follow up and advise of the final outcome. I doubt this is their normal level of customer service but unfortunately it has left a bad impression on me.

Thank you Phoenix and CB911 for your replies. I will read more… I am also considering Brooklyn Bedding but think I like the Tempur Contour Signature and could only get that “style” from Select Foam. Perhaps I will go testing more and see if the “Rhapsody” would be acceptable… and do more reading! :slight_smile:

Of course, the more and more I read, the more attractive latex becomes so this may become a moot point anyway!

Thanks again!

CB911 it sounds like we’ve got very similar experiences (you can read about int in my “took the plunge” post). You ordered the day after new years and i ordered the day before and I’m in the same boat. I’m really hoping the mattress ships this week as well. As I mention, I can certainly understand that delays happen especially if an unexpected amount of orders come in but as you say as well-the customer service seems to be lacking quite a bit. Please let me know if you hear anything else and I will do the same.

Thank you runnerb0y for your reply. I have actually switched gears to latex now, but I do appreciate hearing from you!

CB911 and runnerb0y, please report back with your order shipment and customer service experiences with Select Foam if/when anything changes. We’re interested in ordering the Cirrus Luxe, but will probably change gears and go with the BB Cool Luxe if the issues with Select Foam aren’t resolved sometime in the near future.

Hi Bluebug

I will definitely report back. I was told all orders that were placed around that time should go out no later than 1/22 so I am going to give until then and if I don’t receive an email with tracking number by then I am going to call back to see if there are further delays.

Thanks

I’ll keep you posted as well. I really hope that 1/22 (tomorrow) is a real date because I’ve been told “it will ship no later than…” twice already.

Hi to all,

I talked with Matt yesterday as he is back from his trip.

He is well aware that he has some “rolling up his sleeves” and some work to do to catch up with the holiday backlog and deal with some of the delays they have experienced (which is originating with a backlog at his suppliers) and with some of the missed deadlines that have happened as a result.

Hopefully there will be some delivery confirmations over the next day or two.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix for looking into this, it is greatly appreciated.

Looks like my mattress shipped out today and is expected to arrive on Monday! I’m that it finally shipped and look forward to sleeping on it. Would have appreciated if the communication was a bit better but in the end, I’m looking for a quality product so if they deliver on that front I will be satisfied.

Hi RunnerbOy,

Same here, my mattress shipper yesterday and is schedule to arrive next Monday as well. I agree the customer service could have been better but I am hoping the mattress makes up for that. I will be sure to post feedback on the mattress once I have it all set up and get some ZZZZs in

Thanks! Since Select Foam started getting orders out, we went forward and ordered a Cirrus Luxe. I’m hoping we won’t have to wait too long before it ships, but will be patient in case they have a big backlog to work through.

Good luck with your purchase! It will definitely be intersting to hear the experiences of 3 different people that purchased the same mattress all around the same time!

I plan to report back with our impressions of the mattress when we receive it. I appreciated being able to read other peoples’ experiences with Select Foam mattresses, which led to our decision to take the risk of buying one sight unseen. I want to return the favor to others who may be looking for info about online mattresses in the future.

I’m assuming at this point mine won’t be shipping until at least next week, as I have not received any sort of confirmation from SF yet.

I’m not in any sort of hurry, so despite the recent stories of trouble with Selectfoam, I’ve just gone ahead and ordered one as well. Received a confirmation email 10 minutes or so after placing the order.
I’ve ordered the Featherlight Supreme after loving its temperpedic counterpart in the store. Fingers crossed that it will turn out well!

Hi marmar,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback (along with the others here) when you’ve received it.

Phoenix

my cirrus luxe arrived today. I’ll be updating my original thread with my impressions.

Hi runnerboy,

Thanks for the update … and it’s good to see that some of the delayed orders are starting to arrive.

Phoenix