SelectFoam.com Disappoints

Thanks TandL, what I wondered initially. Now I know you’d have to locate and purchase an adequate box. Apparently the achilles heal of the return process, but not the end of the world. Better than a lot of other return policies, I still just think this small omission should be mentioned on the return policy portion of their website, which would probably have prevented the complaints that resulted, which to a someone still researching mattresses like me could appear to mar the reputation of what appears to me to be a reputable company with a good product, as dn pointed out in one of his replies to my post.

O.K. thanks dn, and everyone else that posted. This is a good suggestion. As to this :

"- can you perceive the differences,

• if you can, are they unpleasant to you? Or are they different but still excellent.

With respect to asking others, the risk to point out is their experiences don’t translate well to what you will feel or perceive with respect to either point. I know you’re trying to do it to do due diligence, but there’s really nothing anyone will say which will address what you will perceive."

You’re absolutely right, but not much else to go on is there, since I can’t fly to florida to check them out myself.?! So any, input will be good enough for me, esp. if that input comes from people who already sampled carefully, tempurpedic versions of the select foam models I’m interested in. I’m now leaning towards the cirrus supreme for combination of price/comfort reasons.

Hi stelex,

The forum search is available to the public even without registration … but with over 30,000 posts it can sometimes be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for.

Researching mattresses can certainly be lots of work … but I think it’s also worth it since it will probably have a bigger effect on your overall wellbeing than almost anything else you buy. I would also keep in mind that there may be some very good options that are available locally that may also be worth considering and that you can test in person.

Phoenix

Thanks again. I have an ikea Malm bed frame (queen size) and was wondering if the select foam cirrus supreme or luxe will fit properly in their frame. The malm interior dimensions are 79 5/8" x 59 1/2" according to their specs, and I noticed that the dimensions for these select foam mattresses from the web site are given as exactly 80" x 60". I know it seems minor, but will that little bit make a difference, or are the select foams only apprx. 80" x 60"? Just want to make sure it fits. Anyone else using a malm bed frame for their select foam mattresses in queen size?

Hi stelex,

I don’t have any personal experience with the combination and the dimensions of a mattress can vary slightly (a standard variance would be +/- 1") but my guess is that if the mattress is a little larger it would probably squeeze in (although it may make it more difficult to make the bed). I would talk to Select Foam about this though because they would probably know much better than I do.

Phoenix

Hi,
I wrote the original post on this thread about 15 months ago. “dn” (post #32?) says that if you want the best information about a company’s products you contact the company and ask. I felt that I had to stop communicating with Select Foam by phone because I got more misinformation that way. When I went to communicating strictly in writing, mostly by email, the accuracy of their information was not much better. The long and short of it is that I ordered a Grandis model and was shipped a product with much inferior specifications. I spent about 60 hours of my leisure time to rectify the situation. The day before my credit card company was prepared to take the decision to refund/return the product out of Select Foam’s hands, they processed a refund. The President of Select Foam said that he would like to “leave you (me) with a few thousand dollars in your (my) pocket to compensate” me for my troubles in dealing with his company. Fifteen months later now and I have not seen a penny.

My wife and I are very happy with our Flobeds V-Zone bed made of 100% natural latex, Tallalay process, that we have had for 14 months.

I may buy a new bed for a different bedroom and I happened upon a company rated well in sleeplikethedead.com, HealthyFoundations.com. They say they have a 365-day return policy (return cost $75) in their memory foam bed. They say that if you don’t want the bed before the end of one year, and you agree to donate it (they arrange to have it picked up), then there is no return fee and you get a full refund. They have a lot of good reviews by “verified buyers.” They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, no complaints filed in the past 3 years. I have not done business with them but am considering it. It costs a lot less than 100% natural tallalay.

Hi, after much arduous research on mattresses, browsing these forums, asking questions on these forums and receiving replies, I finally made a purchase decision and ordered the SelectFoam cirrus-supreme-ES 11". (http://www.selectfoam.com/cirrus-supreme-11.html). I called the company several times over several weeks, and spoke with either Peter or Juan, who were both extremely helpful and patient with my barrage of questions. I chose this model, because I liked both the tempurpedic cloud supreme and cloud luxe models, which I had tried multiple times in retail outlets, and after much research and consideration, could not justify spending more than double for the tempurpedics. In addition, I liked the fact that the select foams models are reverse engineered layer for layer, so it’s much easier to compare apples to apples as far as specs are concerned. I am 5’7" and 145 lbs., in excellent shape, and due to my size and weight, and smaller frame decided to go with the cirrus supreme as opposed to the luxe. I have not received the bed, yet, but will post here to document my experience thus far, and will update after having received the mattress.

I ordered around 5pm. pst Feb. 26, 2014 from Juan. The purchase price was discounted the $ 100.00 for purchases over $ 1000, and then the 5% mattress underground registered member discount, with the requirement to write a review within 30 days of purchase, which I would have done anyway. This made my purchase price a very reasonable $ 1,235.00 compared to the tempurpedic now soon to be discontinued price of $2249 for the older cloud supreme (original foam, not the breeze), and especially compared to the newer cloud supreme breeze which sells for a whopping $ 3199! That’s 61.5 % less than the tempurpedic breeze! I immediately got 2 confirmation emails, one with invoice, and was told within 7-10 days I would be receiving an email with a fedex tracking number once mattress had shipped from factory.

Fast forward to yesterday, March 3rd, 7 pm. I was pleasantly suprised to get the confirmation email with fedex tracking number, after only 5 days! 1/2 the time of what I was told, and expecting. If all goes well with shipping, I should hopefully receive it by Friday, only 10 days after purchasing. I have been sleeping on an older, firm futon on frame for years, and cannot comfortably sleep any more, so I can’t wait to receive my new mattress. Incidentally, for other purchasers out their, I have 2 businesses, one is custom building, the other rock climbing guiding/rock climbing stunt work/rigging, so I’m pretty hard on my body, and have for years slept in less than ideal beddings - ie. camping at high altitude sleeping on rock in a tent for weeks, or sleeping in a portaledge hanging off the side of a 3,0000 ft. cliff for days, and always prided my self on being tough, and being able to sleep on anything, but the time has come for me to start sleeping comfortably when not sleeping on the road and/or outdoors. I’ve never owned a decent, let alone memory foam mattress, and for all the reasons I already stated, plus the fact that selects’ foam has soy based polyls in their memory foam making it a less off gassing and greener foam, I am confident in my purchase and can only hope that the mattress lives up to it’s predominately good reviews and feels as advertised.

Lastly, the only poor reviews on this company tend to revolve around two issues - returns/warranty, and shipping delays. From my experience as I shared here, this has not been the case with me - it has been much faster than promised (so far). As far as warranties/returns, the only thing I can suggest, is that you do as much research as possible before purchasing, so you are less likely to have to return due to poor choice of comfort level. The return policy is better than most - free shipping both ways, and about the only suggestion I have due to some poor reviews (very few), is that select foam should put somewhere on the return portion of the websites, that the customer is only responsible for the purchase of mattress box, which would avoid future misunderstandings, and some of the review complaints that I’ve read. This is not a criticism, just a suggestion based on my thorough research of all reviews and my experience owning several companies.

I will update review after I have received my mattress, and have had time to get used to the mattress as suggested. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations, and good luck on your own purchase out there. I hope this is helpful to anyone else trying to navigate the massive amount of information/mis-information out there, and also considering select foam as an option.

Hi stelex,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and such detailed feedback.

You did some good research and ended up making a great choice.

Just to clarify this … I talked with them today and there was some misunderstanding here which I clarified with them. The forum software upgrades a new poster to member status with a single post on the forum … even if it’s just to say hi … and there is no requirement for a review. Once you are a member then you are entitled to the discount just by providing your mattress forum username … regardless of whether you leave a review afterwards.

Most important … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix