Sensus Mattress in Central FL

I’m looking for a outlet in the central Florida(Lakeland) area. I’m halfway between Tampa and Orlando, so I could go as far as either of those areas if I need to. I would like to find someone who carries Foamex Sensus and Aerus. I know I can order one online, but this will be our first foam mattress and we would like to check it out in person if possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi boltnut,

A list of the better options that I’m aware of in the Tampa area are in post #143 here.

It also includes three of the better outlets that are listed in the Orlando list which is in post #2 here.

Unfortunately I don’t know the foam suppliers of any of these manufacturers or outlets but for those who are OK with telling you (this is not always information they are willing to provide for “competitive” reasons) … a few phone calls would let you know if their memory foam mattresses use Sensus or Aerus.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info. I noticed in another post that you told someone that Easy Rest met all of your criteria, so I looked into them and found several retailers in the tampa area. One that I talked to will sell the top of the line king size 12" gel mattress and foundation for $1000 with free delivery(we’re almost an hour away). It has 3" of the gel infused foam then 3" of 5lb memory foam. I’m thinking of going to check it out tomorrow.

Hi boltnut,

I do like what Easy Rest is doing and they are making some very good quality and value mattresses and they seemed like “good people” when I talked to them.

Post #19 here may also be of interest to you if one of the places you are planning to visit is MattressDr… Easy Rest never did call me back to tell me what was happening with the 7 lb density foam they listed (which Easy Rest doesn’t make) so I would make sure that any specs they listed agreed with Easy Rest’s information.

Bear in mind as well that the gel memory foam they use is a particulate and particulates can affect the durability of the base memory foam. There’s more information about the different types of gel memory foam designs and materials in post #26 here.

Phoenix

One thing that concerns me is, apparently Easy Rest gets their foam from china. I found that on their Facebook page.
That worries me.

Hi boltnut,

Like with any mattress purchase … I would certainly want to know the density information about the polyfoam as well as the memory foam layers in their mattresses because this is one of the most important parts of quality and durability and a way to make meaningful comparisons between mattresses but even though they are using Chinese foam … they are listed on the CertiPur site* so a least the foam has been certified as “safe” to the limits of the CertiPur testing standards.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/for-consumers/find-products/ & replaced with latest CertiPUR list

As far as using Chinese foam though … this is part of each person’s “value equation” and buying a mattress that uses American made (or North American made) foam can be an important part of “value” to many people. Chinese products can be very low quality and also high quality but the biggest issue is having a way to know the difference. There are several Chinese foam producers that are CertiPur certified* and many more that are not. At least CertiPur (or other similar testing standards like Oeko-Tex, LGA, Eco-Institut and others) eliminates the worst of the Chinese manufacturers and the manufacturers that are listed are held to the same certification standards as American manufactures.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/for-industry/find-a-foam-supplier/ & replaced with latest CertiPUR list

So in the case of Easy Rest … the foams they use have passed the same CertiPur certification as American foam producers. For many people though … this may not be enough and I personally would tend to “lean” towards manufactures that used North American foams although that is my own personal preference and not an indication of the specific quality of any particular material.

Hope this helps

Phoenix

It was the Mattress Dr. we visted. Even though the Easy-Rest apparently has Chinese made foam it was my favorite as far as comfort. They had several USA maufactured mattresses that used USA made foam. But it had to come down to which felt right and that was the Easy-Rest. They will be calling us in the morning with a delivery date. I guess we’ll see how the particulate gel foam holds up over time. Thank you for your input. It’s a great thing your doing here. I’ll keep you updated on how this mattress hold up over time.