Separate comfort layer cover?

I’m considering a 11” cover for the core and 3” cover for the comfort layer. Is there an advantage (or disadvantage) for going this route? I’m thinking it would be easier to change configurations, clean, etc but maybe I’m overthinking it. Does it make sense to just stuff everything in one cover?

My configuration is
8” Bolsa Coil
3” Firm Dunlop
3” Medium Talalay

@Latex_Mattress_Fact1 @Arizona_Premium @TheCleanBedroom

Personally I have my Talalay comfort layer separately on top of the mattress as you are doing. Just feels better that way. I like your choices.

2 Likes

Do you use any “grip” to keep your comfort layer topper from sliding? What cover do you use for your comfort layer?

There are hundreds of topper covers with non-slip backing.
Google topper covers with non-slip backing.

1 Like

Latex is heavy and doesn’t really move much. Here is our cover - Zippered Bamboo/Cotton Mattress Topper Covers, Latex Mattress Toppers and Cores, All Products, A good fitting sheet will also keep it from wondering.

2 Likes

Hi jbrady3324 and thanks for the inquiry! The placement of your top layer has a pretty big impact on the feel of the mattress. Having a top layer that is not encased with the rest of the mattress will allow that top layer enough spatial freedom to move upwards when you lay on it, making for a very plush and enveloping feel. This is what I recommend to customers that are used to pillow top mattresses, memory foam mattresses, or people that are looking for a softer or plusher mattress in general.

1 Like