Sheets

So I know this is a mattress forum, but I’d like to ask about sheets. Basicly was curious what people like using i.e. type, style, brands, price and where you buy. I currently have a queen and just purchased 2 twin XL. I’ve already notice online that twin XL is going to be a bit more challenging because local stores carry a big selection on the twin, full, queen, king and ca. king, but twin xl is not as popular. Also in the twin XL sheet set’s they come with standard pillow cases and not king pillow cases. So I need to purchase at least 4 sets of twin XL sheets both fitted and flat along with 8 king size pillow cases. My wife and I currently use 3-4 pillows each at night and I’m hoping to bring this down to 2-3 ea. As to what we use we probably have 4-5 sets now and I can remember going to Sams and getting some sateen sheets 800-1000 thread count , Kohls for a set of cotton vera wang ( I think 800-1000 thread count) sheets and can’t remember where maybe overstock or amazon for some egyptian cotton sheets. I purchase some flannel sheets and it lasted one day before we gave them away, way to hot. We liked the eqyptian cotton sheets the best, but we’ve noticed even though the label says eqyptian cotton and they might have the same thread count we can fill the difference in brands. Anyways fill free to chime in and let us know where and what to look for… :slight_smile:

Hi Bad1,

Post #7 here has lots of information and links to other threads and posts and resources about the many different types of sheets and fabrics and the pros and cons of each.

As you can see … thread count can be very misleading and is not the whole story.

Hopefully this will help :slight_smile:

Phoenix