Should I cancel my order?

On memorial day I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge World Class Phillipsburg Luxury Firm Pillowtop Queen at US-Mattress.com for $719.00.

After I purchased that, I found this website. I believe there is still time to cancel my order. Did I make a mistake in buying this? Should I try to cancel my order before they ship it to me? Last I checked, its status is still “IN Manufacuturing”

About me:
I live in Pittsburgh, 15202
Me: 5’ 11" 190 lbs
Wife: 5’ 6" 155 lbs.

We both are side sleepers and she has minor scoliosis and has slept on a firm mattress most of her life. I think we both prefer a firmer matterss.

my immediate reaction to that question is yes; I am having a terrible time with a recently purchased Simmons pillowtop that is just awful.

HOWEVER, the mattress experts on this site (Phoenix, that’s you) can steer you in good directions, and will no doubt suggest reading the the mattress shopping tutorial here on the site. I had no idea there was so much to know before making an informed mattress decision; I wish I had found this site before I bought that Simmons.

Good luck with your mattress buying!

Hi Genac,

[quote]On memorial day I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge World Class Phillipsburg Luxury Firm Pillowtop Queen at US-Mattress.com for $719.00.

After I purchased that, I found this website. I believe there is still time to cancel my order. Did I make a mistake in buying this? Should I try to cancel my order before they ship it to me? Last I checked, its status is still “IN Manufacuturing”[/quote]

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

While the mattress you purchased may be “comfortable” and may even be a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … outside of PPP a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality and durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label so I would focus more on the quality and durability of the materials in a mattress than on the name of the manufacturer that makes it so you can make sure that there are no lower quality materials or “weak links” in the mattress (see this article).

As you can also see in the guidelines here … the major brands such as Sealy, Simmons, and Serta tend to use much lower quality and less durable materials in their mattresses that would have a much higher risk of softening and breaking down and needing to be replaced prematurely relative to the price you paid and foam softening and the loss of comfort and support that goes with it isn’t covered by a warranty (see post #174 here).

While I can’t tell you what to do … I can tell you that I personally wouldn’t purchase or suggest that someone else purchases a major brand mattress or any mattress that uses lower quality materials or where you can’t confirm the quality and durability of the materials and components inside it.

If you do decide to cancel your order and start over again then as Vicky suggested the first place to start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix