Side Sleeper looking for new mattress

I have slept on a queen size Serta New Holland II for the past 8 years and generally have been a solid sleeper. Now that I’ve recently gotten married, my husband and I opted to upgrade to a king size - and we chose a 15” Sealy Posturepedic medium Norman II.

2 months in and my sleep has never been worse! I wake up with extreme hip and lower back pain and can feel my hips sinking into the mattress within the first 15 minutes of me lying down, which makes it difficult to fall asleep and then stay asleep.

I have been sleeping in the guest room which now houses my old Serta New Holland and my pain has disappeared. I am looking for a comparable mattress to this as it is now discontinued. I’m assuming I want an innerspring still, that is more on the firm side, but I’m not sure. I fall asleep on my side so I consider myself a side sleeper, but sometimes prefer my stomach. My husband is also a combo sleeper, and he currently thinks the new mattress is great but he is 5’11 225 pounds while I am 5’6 150 pounds.

Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. I would like to stay under $2500 if possible.

@BackScience

1 Like

Back Science 2 or 3

Probably 3

1 Like