Side sleeping is no longer comfortable - help

Hello community!

3 years ago I used this amazing site to help me build the bed of my dreams. I built a full latex mattress with this combo (top to bottom):
2"/19ILD talalay latex
2"/28ILD Dunlop latex
3"/38ILD Dunlop latex
3"/38ILD Dunlop latex
With a wool ticking (so 1" wool on top). The mattress base is solid and made for a heavy latex mattress.

It’s been the perfect combo for my husband and me. We are both combo back and side sleepers. But more side sleeping than back. He’s about 6’4" and 250 and I’m 5’2" and 210 (very hourglass and bottom heavy).

It’s been 3 years since we had this combo and now with pregnancy I find myself 20lbs heavier and exclusively sleeping on my side. I’ve done all the tricks with pillows, but I still find myself sneaking into the guest bedroom half way through the night because I wake up in the middle of the night with PAIN in my hips from side sleeping. I tried sleeping in there for a week and the pain got so bad, so I’m now exclusively sleeping in the guest bedroom without any pain.

Our guest bedroom bed is very different. It’s a Leesa original with a floating 2" “sleep on latex” mattress topper in medium. And a down topper that’s 1.5 inches.

I need help— because I want to sleep in my bedroom and in my bed… but I desperately need to know how can I transform my all latex bed into a similar feel to my guest bedroom?! Is my all latex bed not plush enough anymore? Do I need to add a layer of memory foam and float the talalay to the top of the ticking? Or is my all latex bottoming out and I need to get the firm closer and switch it with the 2" medium slab?

Please help me with diagnosing what could be wrong with my all latex comparatively to my guest bedroom Leesa set-up!

Thanks so much!

Hi April and welcome to the forums! Just a heads up, I moved this out of the “Latex Mattress Factory” Ask the Experts section of the forum and into the general Ask the Experts section since we’ve already been communicating via email, hope that’s OK! I was worried no one else would answer it, because they’re not normally supposed to answer questions directed at another company.

Thanks so much! I appreciate that! It was my first time posting… so I think I messed it up. Ha! Thanks!

And yes! We’ve been in touch over email— I sent this here before I reached out to you and it got approved. I’m looking forward to the first approach and hoping for the best! :slight_smile: