So confused

Hey guys. I have been mattress shopping like crazy past 3 days, See so much conflicting info its unreal. CR lists their best buy, which I guess is a dud. Bedinabox has unreal reviews, and I guess they stink also. I was in CITY MATTRESS today and the salesman showed me a PRANA bed. It was 4400, but he said they have one that was returned in 31-60 day range they can give me 70% off. He said it was probably just a shipping blemish…No warrenty though on that…I am from ROCHESTER NY. I guess JAMESTOWN makes good ones per this site? Anyone familiar with them? I am looking for a king size and willing to pay 2000-2500 for a great bed,

Hi upstateny86,

You’re certainly not alone in this and most of the information that you will be exposed to in the industry is more about marketing than about educating. Most people who have spend an hour or two on this site will know more meaningful information than most of the salespeople in the mainstream industry … which is sad.

You can see my thoughts about the CR report here … and to put it kindly … it’s a joke among the more knowledgeable and informed people in the industry. They didn’t even consider or include the large majority of the better quality or value choices in the industry and the idea of “rating” the support or comfort of a mattress for consumers as a whole only shows that it was written by people who have very little knowledge about mattresses or how they need to match the specific needs and preferences of different people in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

You can read my thoughts about Bedinabox in post #2 here and my thoughts about the “value” of mattress reviews when it comes to choosing a mattress in post #13 here.

I would also be very cautious about the Prana mattresses. You can read more about them in post #3 here and in post #2 here and in post #3 here. A forum search on Prana (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback about them.

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines all in one place that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

I am familiar with them and think highly of them and they would be well worth a visit IMO (see post #4 here).

Besides Jamestown … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Rochester area are listed in post #11 here.

Phoenix