talalay latex for platform bed

Greetings! I am looking for a good mattress for my new platform bed. I prefer the feel of latex over memory foam, and I like a soft feel but also with good support since I occasionally have back issues. I am 5’4 and 140. In my area there is a Denver Mattress with a “Teluride” (thinking will become too soft over time), and an “ichoice Latex” (feels comfy in the store and is mostly latex with a couple inches of foam). There is also a Lebeda Mattress where I have looked at the “Latex Pure”, which the salesperson said was 100% latex. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I have never owned a platform bed until recently and I am not sure how the different foundation will affect the mattress (I am accustomed to a box spring). Thank you!! :slight_smile:

Hi 1sweetdream,

The first place to start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to know how to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more about different the different types of support systems that are suitable for different types of mattresses in the foundation post here and the posts it links to (in the second paragraph).

The 1.8 lb polyfoam in the Telluride is a good quality and durable material (and the 2" of latex is more durable than the polyfoam) so there would be no weak links in the mattress (see the guidelines here). The latex in the iChoice latex is a higher quality and more durable material than the polyfoam in the Telluride.

Once you reach step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

I have read both, thank you. Are you familiar with the Latex Pure at Lebeda? Is it indeed 100% pure latex? My zip is 50613. Thank you much for your suggestions and feedback.

Hi 1sweetdream,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Cedar Falls area are listed in post #4 here but you have already found two of the better options that are reasonably local to you.

They would be the best source of information about all the materials and the type and blend of latex that they use inside their mattresses (any information I would be able to find out would come from them). They don’t show a “Latex Pure” mattress on their site but based on their website they appear to use Talalay latex in their mattresses (which is a high quality material). They don’t say whether it’s blended or 100% natural (although blended would be more likely) so you would need to ask them.

Phoenix